19

A few days went by.

We didn't leave the house.

The Twitter account that made the original tweet had found Nick's address.

I hadn't seen much of Dream, he stayed in the basement. George came upstairs occasionally to let Nick and I know that he was okay. George was practically living down there with Dream, and I often heard him yelling. Not at George, just at the air. Our predicament. The cement walls that held him in confinement.

Nick comforted me during the day. I was receiving so much hate and frequent death threats. The only real reason I even kept my phone is so I could talk to Wilbur. 

Nick stayed strong for the most part. I had seen him really break down once during the week, and it was truly awful. Yelling, sobbing, and just general hostility. Not towards me, or George, or Dream, but at the people who decided that our lives were their business.

------

It would've been the fifth day of a fun trip, but we were stuck inside. I laid across Nick's chest, reading a book while he slept.

"Hey Rylie," said George's voice.

"George," I said, putting my book down. How could I read when there could be someone watching me at this very moment?

"How's he doing?"

"He's better today. Yesterday was quite awful," said George.

"Yeah, you didn't come upstairs at all," I said, "we were worried about you."

"You two shouldn't be worrying about me," said George, "we're all going through things."

I nodded.

"Dream's quite scary when he's mad," George said, "but I know he would never hurt anyone. Nick's basement isn't in the best shape though."

"Hm?" stirred Nick, awaking, "George?"

"Hey Nick," said George, "nice nap?"

"Yeah I guess," he said, "haven't been getting much sleep lately."

"I understand," said George.

I sat up straighter on the couch.

"I've been sleeping better," I said, "it's a lot easier to sleep when you're with someone you love."

I kissed Nick softly, smiling as we broke apart. George smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Oh get a room," groaned Dream, emerging from the stairs.

"Dream!" I exclaimed, jumping up.

I ran and hugged him tightly. He held the back of my head in his chest.

"How are you Rylie?" He whispered.

"I've been worried sick about you," I replied, "I've been fine."

"I'm alright," said Dream, "I promise. Rylie, you can let go, I'm not going anywhere."

"Right, sorry," I said, leaving his hug.

Even under his big, grey hoodie, Dream looked skinnier. His eyes had huge, dark bags hanging underneath them and his face lacked some of his smirking sarcasm.

"Dream," said Nick, wrapping Dream in a hug, "how're you holding up?"

"Not bad Lover boy," he said with a smile, wiggling his eyebrows at me.  

"Oh shut up," said Nick as he wrapped his arm around my waist, "you're just jealous."

"Why should I be jealous of you and Rylie when I have George?" Asked Dream, laughing softly as George blushed.

------

"So what's the plan?" Dream asked.

"Plan?" I asked, "what plan?"

"Well, you and George need to get home, don't you? I do too. How're we gonna do that?"

"I never thought about that," said George quietly.

"Me neither," said Nick, his face suddenly sad.

"Well I don't care what you say, I'm not leaving Nick right now. I need him if anything," I said, grabbing Nick's hand and squeezing it reassuringly.

"No Rylie, you need to go home," said Nick sadly.

"No," I stated simply, "I'm going home and leaving Nick to the wolves. No fucking way."

"Listen Rylie!" yelled Nick, "you're not exactly safe right now. I can't have you be in danger alright? People are crazy! I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you because I love you!"

I sat in my seat, completely speechless. I stared into Nick's eyes, searching my brain for something to say.

Dream clapped slowly.

"Could've won an Oscar," he said, "there's two flights leaving for England tomorrow."

"I'll go book their tickets," said Nick, standing up and heading to his room.

George gave Dream one last look before leaving to pack his stuff. Dream rubbed his temples for a moment before retreating back to the basement.

I sat completely still. I couldn't leave Nick. Not now. Not with all those people out there...