Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX: BARD AND THE LUTE

But wishes are only granted in fairy tales.
-Simone Elkeles

Once upon a time, deep from the forest controlled by the Benwikere fairies, a new fairy was born. Her name was Luceiana Benwikere and she was the daughter of the leader -Queen Clarion and her husband, the bard Ophelius. 

Though many of the fairies in the Benwikere territory tried to have Luce practice serious magic like her mother but every time the fairy would do something, she'd get bored. 

Then, Luceianna was passed a lute. 

It connected straight to her magic, fairy dust flying from her fingertips as she found her passion. She was a bard. Her father was overwhelmed with joy and welcomed Luce in his arms.

Queen Clarion wasn't as happy.

So Luce left to travel anywhere she wanted, sing songs, do as she pleases with no one to stop her.

Having to go from Nottingham Village to a river over to find who Little Red wanted next for the team would be a two-day trip. So the four Ghosts decided to go to a bar next to the inn they planned to stay at for the night.

The bar was call Duck's Whore with no apparent reason for the name available. Inside was the usual cast of characters -drunks, prostitutes, run-aways, barkeeps and the occasional vampire with their human pet.

The mercenary and her wolf decided to sit in the corner together, Little Red casually sitting across his lap and playing with her daggers as Wolf drinks vodka and talks with another werewolf. The other wolf is younger, here with his older sister, and doesn't have as many stretch marks but he does have a the same growl in his voice that the warrior does.

Locks and the elf sit at the bar, making small talk with the owner.

Out of everyone in Duck's Whore, one figure stood out to the group.

Luceianna with her lute.

The blond fairy was drifting above the tables with her bright leaf-looking wings and short green dress. And she was singing. It was enchanting and funny and made Little Red think she might be drunk when she was watching it.

"You think you're safe without double checking, but here in Duck's Whore, you'd be wise to use the door." This would be the first time they hear the bard with her magic lute, but the Ghosts were definitely impressed. "The spike in your drink that makes you unable to think, or the drunken man that stinks like a corpse." 

Then, Luceianna very clearly winks at a large man in the corner. 

Wolf grins widely, already feeling like him and this bard will get along fancily

"Need a little fairy to flick out her dust, so that your man might finally get it up." 

Huntsman scoffs but the leader and Archer make eye contact before quickly looking away from each other. 

"You think you're safe without a care , but here in Duck's Whore, you'd be wise not to look like horror." Strumming her lute faster, she spins in a circle. "The pike at the bottom of a barrel, leaking out the beer that sticks to feet."

"You think you're safe without double checking," Suddenly without warning, an explosion of sparkling fairy dust goes out in the room and floods the lungs of everyone save for the Ghosts. Finally the bard makes eye contact with Little Red, grinning madly. "To all these men, as you sleep, I did warn you so..."