Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE ASSASSIN

And you'll know the fairytales were wrong when they required a happy ending.
-Sydney Marie Hughes

Once upon a time there was a dark warlock who used his powers to kill. They called him Fire, quick to light up and hard to put out. Nearly unstoppable. 

An assassin. 

And after his reputation grew and grew, after he started using his two henchmen- -Pain and Panic, half-vampire dwarfs who used to be just regular dwarfs before he captured them- -to torture his kills before actually finishing the job.

After him doing every evil thing he could get away with, the Wicked Queen found him.

Then hired him to kill her sister and the small rebellion that offed two of her high-ups from her killer handbag, not knowing they're the same thing.

Just knowing she wanted the last of her family dead.

It took months of following the Ghosts tracks, losing them twice before catching up to them.

Once he did, the assassin set his trap.

Pain was waiting for Little Red and Wolf outside the Inn, where every other customer, patron and worker's body was laid to waste across the building.

He, silently, held a sword out to the mercenary who had pointedly ignored him, thinking him someone in need of a room -albeit weird.

"See, I was told to stay civil but if you take one more step with that knife closer to her," Wolf snaps, blocking his partner's body from view of the minion. "I'm going to tear you apart."

From smell alone, he could tell something was holy unnatural about the dwarf.

Blythe was raised by witches with dirt under it's fingernails, tangled hair, glowing eyes and lethal magic twisted to make flowers grow.

Until now she still doesn't remember anything quite as...magical and feral as Dimitri smirking at her, charming her into sin.

The wolf was no witch.

But he has sure enchanted her.

She didn't think they matched.

The warrior was wild, harsh, bulging in his own skin and Little Red was painfully human to look at, small like a hallow-boned bird and clever as the wind.

Until the evil met them both, pushed them closer together and she realized they were both wild and magical in their own ways.

With a sword and daggers, claws and teeth, the two attacked.

Wild magic is nothing to search for.

It's a deadly pair.

But little did they know her team was already tied up in their room at the nearby inn where Panic was waiting for Pain to get back with the two fighters before calling in their master.

Catching the bite marks on Pain's neck, the blankness in it's eyes, Little Red's instincts flare to life and she immediately knows she's in danger.

Kill it, Dimitri, fast.

A creature like this was no longer a person.

Without any notice and with no hesitation, Wolf lunges at the minion and shifts halfway through the motion.

And proceeds to rip Pain apart.

Pain put up a good fight, it was unnaturally strong and able to throw the warrior off him even after he had bitten it's other arm off and clawed at it's stomach.