God, I Missed This

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Neko's POV***

"Everyone's coming at six." Milo rushes through the house cleaning all of Cash's toys up. That pup loves stringing his favorite play toys across the floors.

Our pup has gotten so big. I can't believe it's been nearly three months since we bought Cash. Time has flown with college and work. I'm ready to graduate already. I miss my friends so much.

Milo and I make time for one another, however our time with our close group of friends has been dwindled to barely nothing. Tonight we are finally getting together to catch up. It is long overdue.

"I ordered the pizzas this morning to deliver at eight. I figured that would give us enough time to produce an appetite." Milo pushes the bed we bought Cash to the corner of the fireplace. My husband gets so excited. Even if I was not already thrilled to have this day, Milo's joy alone would have me bouncing on my toes.

The door pushes open just as we finish the last of our ten second tidy. It took hours but, hey who didn't watch The Big Comfy Couch?Cleaning up will forever be called the ten second tidy in this house.

Natalie bursts through the door. Immediately she flies into Milo's arms. My husband spins our angel princess around while kissing every inch of her precious face.

"Fuck, I missed you, Bean." Natalie holds Milo's cheeks between her petite hands.

"I missed you NattieBug. I missed you so much." Milo gently places Nat down. Max flies towards his best friend. They embrace one another tightly. It has been a few weeks. I imagine for the two of them it has felt like years.

I kiss Natalie, hug Max and stand in wait. Without disappointment, Lux grabs me by the shoulders, hugging me like it has been ages since we last saw one another.

I peak over at Milo. Ky has his arm wrapped over my Koala's shoulder. They are whispering. The conversation has my baby blushing immediately.

"Where are the college students?" Emme struts through the door, setting down bags of snacks as she kicks off her shoes.

Lexi takes Emme's coat, placing it on the stack that has already accumulated on the table.

"Here." I wave at Emme and Lexi. The two walk to me, each of the girls wraps an arm around my waist. I plant kisses on both of their temples, smiling brightly down on my cousin and her girlfriend.

"Party has arrived. Everyone hold your applause." Kylie drags Daniel through the door. They deposit their coats, laying the cases of beer on the floor next to the table legs.

"I was already here." Emme props her hand on her hip. She waves dismissively at her own announcement.

"Everyone is here. Let's get this party started." Milo turns the volume up on our surround sound. Party anthems play on loop while we catch up.

I steer the party towards the backyard. Milo and I set up corn hole boards and bocci ball earlier today. We pick teams and begin the first round, tossing the bags across the yard to land in the vicinity of our target.

"How's college?" Emme stands beside me, happily acknowledging her successful launch of her bag into the hole.

"For me it's like second nature. Cooking is a passion so refining my skills is enjoyable. Milo seems to have overwhelmed himself with classes. I tried to tell him to scale it back. You remember how perfectly stubborn he can be." I toss my bag into the center of the board, it slides into the hole, earning a high five for me from Emme.