Twenty Three

In the middle of my conversation with Bo' Rai Cho, a lightning zapped on the ground near us. I flinched, but my shock calmed when i saw Raiden standing there. Bo' Rai Cho quickly came to him, "Raiden! Raiden my old friend!" he was excited.

I put up a grin. "Master Bo' Rai Cho. I am pleased to see you. It has been many years." Raiden accepted his hand. It seemed cute to look at the little reunion. The Thunder God's stare turned to me, surely enough i wanted to wrap my arms around him. But seeing the situation would make Bo' Rai Cho's commentary tensed the area.

"Welcome home Lord Raiden," I smirked and bowed down, he cornered a vague smile.

"Too long since we've seen each other. We old warriors need to stick together, eh?" the chubby man stated.

I approached them and made myself standing beside Bo' Rai Cho, "I believe you have met (Y/N)," the God of Thunder stated. Bo' Rai Cho nodded with eyes already gazed upon my figure. "She's an old acquaintance from Outworld. To be honest, it surprised me to see her here at the Sky Temple."

I gently covered my mouth to conceal the soft laugh I put out. Raiden gave me a soft gaze before turning back to Bo' Rai Cho.

"I presume recent circumstances precipitate your arrival."

"Yes, yes. I'm concerned that Shinnok may return. I've been trying to contact you. I feared the worst," Bo' Rai Cho explained.

"When Kano misappropriated Shinnok's Amulet, he left behind a snare. Disabling it required that I travel to a strange realm.." Raiden led us inside the temple. The three of us stepped inside to greet the temple's familiar air. "I must retire to the Jinsei Chamber. Regain my strength," Raiden continued.

We walked along the long hallway, eventually led us to a familiar path. Which I had already discovered to lead where. As we turned around the corner, we were greeted by the rocky wall. Along with the stiff structure as its ground. We were approaching the Jinsei Chamber.

Just as we were halfway there, Bo' Rai Cho questioned, "You are close to recovering it then? Shinnok's Amulet?"

Raiden spun his head to him, then back at the ground lies beneath his front. "I do not know. Disabling Kano's snare demanded my full attention. Once I am rejuvenated, I will confer with General Blade."

"If only we could have destroyed Shinnok during the last war. If only he were mortal."

A beat was skipped inside of my pumping heart when he stated the statement. I clenched both hands, unable to understand the slightest clue why Quan Chi mentioned I was related to Shinnok. Our similarity on immortality wouldn't be connected. That's just has too large of a gap missing in the information.

We reached the chamber's entrance, but when Raiden raised his hand to activate his magic. The door already opened by itself as it rumbled. He lifted a brow, confused on the sudden anomaly. I poked his arm, "Yeah, about that. I might be the cause to that."

Raiden's eyes reverted to mine, questions appeared inside his mind. Or so I thought.

"Figured it out this afternoon. I don't even know how. B-but I swear I was just meditating near it!" I placed a hand on my chest, a sign to reassure him. A vague smile twitched on the corner of his lips, his hand landed on my head. Ruffled my hair slowly.

"Do not worry. You have done no offense. As for the mystery resides, we will inspect it later."

I warmly smiled staring at the soft pupils. The two of us turned our gazes back to our front. Continued on what we were here for.

"Such beauty. Like gazing upon the Elder Gods themselves," as we stepped our feet inside, Bo' Rai Cho mentioned.

"I hold out hope that we can turn this crisis to our advantage," Raiden stated.