Thirty

"Be careful Cas, all of you," I said, I received a pat on the back by General Blade. From afar, I stood admiring the troops with Johnny by my side. Raiden glanced at me briefly before turning his attention back to Cassie.

"I always knew you two 'll come together."

I lifted a brow before turning to the source, I was greeted by a corner smile. I sighed and stared back down, creeping the anxiety resides within my body. "Uh... wrong time?" he asked.

"Wrong situation."

Raiden took one last gaze at me before he summoned his power, teleported them all through his lightning. After a blink of an eye, the troops disappeared. Me and Johnny still staring back at the empty horizon. "(Y/N), I may not be a god but I can feel the pressure you're absorbing."

I sighed and turned to him. "I don't know Cage.. I have a bad feeling"

"(Y/N).."

"He fucking changed a hundred and eighty degrees. He's not the man I've fallen in love with anymore."

I sat on the spot, Johnny kneeled beside me and placed a hand on top of my head. "I.. tried to take the amulet from him..bby that, he was willing to battle me in combat. Just to reclaim it again.." I brushed my fingers on my neck.

Johnny's eyes widened to see the mark painted across my neck. "Raiden did that?" he exclaimed. My head slowly nodded.

"The amulet consumes on his anger, turning himself into a vengeful spirit..."

Johnny patted my shoulder and looked me in the eyes, he could feel the unsteadiness of my breathing. My anxiety stroke me again. "Let's just hope for the best, (Y/N)."

Icornered a smile and nodded. We stood up, then Johnny went inside. Leaving me be with the air freshened up my lungs.

*****

A portal strike summoned by red lightning in the distance, I stood up from my sit and jogged my way to it. Raiden went through along with Cassie and Jacqui at his back. Some troops ran through as well.

Cassie instantly fell on the ground with only knees and hands to support her body, Jacqui dropped down beside her. My eyes flickered when I arrived in front of Cassie, I kneeled in front of her. I glanced around the area, Sonya was not included in any of the troops, as well as half of the privates. "Oh no..." I mumbled.

Cassie glanced at Raiden for a split second, while she was panting. Tried to breath steadily. "Your mother died a warrior's death. May we all be so fortunate." My eyes widened as soon as I heard his statement. My fist clenched as I approached him.

"You did not just say--" Jacqui cut her own sentence when I swung my hand towards Raiden and landed on his cheek, the sound echoed. The tension between us increased admirably. His pupils became vacant. The others were staring at the current drama placed on their sight.

Jacqui placed a hand on her mouth, a sign of disbelief. "Unbelievable.." I whispered loudly under my breath. Raiden slowly turned his head towards me. Locking his ungodly eyes with mine. I furrowed my brows as I stepped away from him and walked over to the troops to heal them.

I bit my lower lip while slowly merging my magic through my veins, returning their strength and healed their wounds gradually. "Thank God you're back. How did the mission--"

Iglanced at the source of the voice: Johnny. I bit my lower lip before looking away. The hole inside my chest enlarged.

Cassie lifted her head up with tears running down her cheeks. "No.." he mumbled, he kneeled in front of Cassie and gave her the warmest hug.