Five

I hummed myself in a melody, singing was a hobby of mine. I remembered the time i first met Erron. It was the time at our favorite place to crash. The bar. It has only been what, weeks? or more? But my thoughts are clearly hasn't moved on from Outworld.

I often sang there to entertain others, one time i picked a genuine song. My voice seemed to have his attention.

Although he knew i was a bounty hunter. Having to sing in a bar was just mandatory job, could be said part time. That day he seemed to have our eyes locked, i smirked when i noticed. He was deep in the depth of my voice, but when it ended he never approach me.

I was starting to think he was just some good old mercenary, but then in the back ally on my way home. He blocked my path. Teased me about our momentary partnership. The first time we met, we argued loud enough for the people around us recoiled back in distress.

Fighting whether i pick the bounty first rather than him. Kano ended up interfering, offered us to be partners. Of course, that solemnly mistake turned out to be a new chapter in my story.

My thought of thinking him stopped when i noticed 2 statues in the garden made of gold. I took some steps down the small staircase and admired it. Looked like shaolin warriors. Fallen i guessed.

I looked at the name sculptured beneath the feet of the statue, kneeled down, one spelled 'Liu Kang' and the other 'Kung Lao'. I stood up and looked up the 3 meters statues.

"They were great warriors" a voice came up from behind me, Raiden already stood beside me when i spun my head. I looked back at the statues and said "Who were they?"

"They were my students, i considered them as sons. They were one of the many prices for defeating Shao Kahn" he looked down, i kneeled down and sit politely. I bent my head down and prayed. Raiden did the same beside me.

"Have i noticed to his act of violence, i could've fight beside you"

He glanced at me and softly stared at me. "We all have our destinies" he assured. I looked at him back, i smiled.

There i saw just a glimpse of him smiling. I never saw him smiling. Or maybe i was just delusional. Although Fujin once admitted Raiden was never the one to show emotions. I wondered why it works for Fujin differently.

Maybe as a god and a mentor to Earthrealm, he must put up to no weaknesses. But i felt there was more to him than meets the eye. I got the feeling he was concealing his true emotions.

Then it hit me, the pain caused by my vision. But this time it was increased rapidly. I moaned in pain with both hands holding my head, i saw a glimpse of the woman in my visions. I screamed loudly, and eventually fell on my back to the ground.

Raiden's eyes widened as he realized what had disturbed me, his shocked expression clearly took over but he then immediately grabbed my head to his held. "(Y/N)!" Raiden shouted i continued to scream in agony. He saw my pupils shrunk. Both my hands squeezed on my head, trying to hold the pain. Raiden lifted me up bridal style and rushed inside the temple.

"Brother! What's wrong?!" Fujin who was walking down the hall noticed i was being carried by Raiden. He trailed behind Raiden and entered a certain room i did not know. The atmosphere was different, so sacred yet holy. "Her vision. It worsen" Raiden said.

He placed me down and then my eyes widened before around me blackened.

It was dark. Like the night without the moon and the stars. I look around me, pure emptiness. All i saw were 6 figures from afar. I approached them slowly. There i saw a familiar figure, one has a hat and one with a red headband. Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

But their body and faces, along with their eyes were, vicious. All of the other looked similar. They looked like the undead. Suddenly one of them turned around and faced me. His skin was pale as the white wall.

All the other 5 surrounded me, he said "Come join us (Y/N). Here your immense power wouldn't harm others. And Shinnok will guide you in using it". I widened my eyes and gritted my teeth. I feel intimidated, yet threatened. I put up my stance and said "Who are you?".

Just after that their body began to glitched, and faded. Slowly, the pale one stepped closer and smirked. "For i am Quan Chi. Think about this offer (Y/N). And remember, this is no dream nor vision" he stated.

Then emptiness around me broke into many pieces, like a broken glass. I fell from my stand.

I gasped as i woke up, i was sweating like hell. My breathing was uneasy followed by the uneven of my heart beating rapidly. A hand grabbed mine, a pair of eyes landed on me. "(Y/N), calm yourself down" he said.

Raiden.

I slowly control my breathing phase, looking around me. I was placed in a quite unique room. I saw Fujin leaning in the distance. As soon as he heard my scream, he kneeled beside me.

Quan Chi. Recent interaction with him was no delusion. It was a visit. I slowly stood up in Raiden's support. "How are you feeling?" Fujin asked.

I spun my head to him, hands shaking. I stuttered "I-i..", with a flash of the recent memory appeared in my mind. But i was slowly relaxed, i feel a soft aura trailed behind. Not alien. I turned around and saw a mystical glow, shining like a diamond inside a star.

"I feel, freshened. Is it caused by that energy?" i put my eyes on the glowing particle. Raiden nodded and glanced at it with me, "Yes. The Jinsei is the life force of Earthrealm. It's capable of restoring anyone's health if your presence is near it" he explained.

I looked down while shooking my head, "Raiden.." i mumbled. He spun his head towards me, "Who is, Quan Chi?" my question made his eyes widened. Fujin put down his crossed arms and was obviously shocked.

"(Y/N), where did you learn that name?" Fujin asked. I turned to him and put a hand on the side of my head, "He...visited me in my slumber..." i continued. Raiden raised his brows, they both went silent.

"They said something about, me being guided by Shinnok. Offering me to join them. But i felt something off about that offer..."

The three of us began to walk out of the chamber, leaving the very room. "I felt as if he was trying to warn me...or either threaten me.." i said.

"He is Shinnok's most loyal follower..." Fujin mumbled, i flinched at my steps. The shivers he sent came trembling around my spine.

"Is there any other than the offer?" the God of Thunder questioned, i paused for a brief moment. Remembering what else to catch upon my quick moment inside my head.

"There was Liu Kang and Kung Lao, and many others i do not recognize. Their appearances were, dark. The aura surrounding them felt evil" i explained. I saw Raiden tensed, all from the bottom to the top of his figure.

"Revenants..." he muttered.

"What?" i asked immediately, Fujin gestured his hand "It is a state of sorcery by Quan Chi, restoring the dead by corrupting them in darkness."

I bit my lower lip as my gaze focused in another, i noticed Raiden's expression didn't slightly change whatsoever. Of course, who wouldn't be devastated with their loved ones being resurrected from the dead, just to be slaves?

When we reached outside, it was already dark. I realized they were waiting for me to wake up in that chamber. I really felt bad. Then i clicked my mind where Fujin was leaning on the wall earlier. His eyes were closed.

So he was asleep while waiting for my consciousness to return. Now i feel even more like shit.

"Is it possible that, you and Shinnok is related in some ways?" Fujin added, i spun my head to him, flinched in his words. "What? Like family or something? No way in hell" i complained.

Raiden stopped and placed a hand on my shoulder, "We will figure this matter together, for now you must rest. Rest assured you are safe here in our protection" he said. I spun my head and placed my hand on top of his, "Thank you" i smiled.

To be continued