Twenty Nine

My body was thrown back, harshly my back landed on one of the coliseum's pole. Cracking the edges and knocking off the structure for its support. I groaned in pain, shaking my head lightly to my front. The blurry image of a figure approaching me started to get bigger. I gritted my jaw and raised my scythe, standing up quickly by assisting myself with my hand gradually trimming the pole's edge.

Raiden slashed my scythe away with his thunder blade, knocking it off from my held. Without hesitation, he directed the magic near my throat. Making me in a defenseless state. I stared deeply into his eyes, sharpened my pupils. "Go ahead, finish me."

The Thunder God stayed silent, processing the whole situation. I gestured my head, a mock was released from my expression. I scoffed. "That's what I thought. Either kill me or you won't have your victory."

"You are mistaken, (Y/N)."

Raiden pulled away his hand and stepped away from my view, revealing Erron on Scorpion's mercy. The dagger of the ninja clung on the Texan neck. My eyes widened in shock. I clenched my jaw, fisted my both hands even the knuckles were heard. A sly smirk was cornered from Raiden's lips. "Surrender, or face the consequences," Raiden declared.

"(Y/N)... don't..."

I was trembling in fear as Erron said his plead for me to not surrender the near triumph. I bit my lower lip, admiring the view resides beyond my sight. I slowly put off my magic and made my scythe disappeared. Walking off towards Raiden with my eyes concealed through the shade of my hair. "Let him go..."

"A wise choice, Lady (Y/N)."

His hand reached my chin, lifting my gaze to meet his eyes. I glared devilishly at the Thunder God, unable to arrange any proper sentences to despise his lack of motive. I slapped his hand away, only to be abruptly forced to make eye contact by him reaching my head. I jolted in the spot. Scanned my eyes on the horrific view of the fallen god.

"Get your dirty hands off her."

Raiden turned to Erron, who was held captive by Grandmaster Hasashi. His gaze lifted up in his knees. "She is not again yours, Erron Black."

Raiden wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me closer, i groaned inaudibly chapfallen, struggling to get away as far as possible from his arms. I glared as he kept me locked on his arm, insisted on our eye contact. "I'm not his, but I'm definitely not yours," I raised my tone.

He squinted his eyes in reaction, retrieving the words I've said. I cornered a glance, looking at my surroundings. The Outworlders has fallen in defeat at Earthrealm's superiority. I clenched my jaw, holding back my anger to avoid the unnecessary. The soldiers bent down their knees, both hands behind their heads. A sign of surrender to the fullest. Raiden's lips twitched upwards vaguely, gazing to the view around him.

His eyes reverted back to my face as he lifted my jaw up. "Your indecorous behavior will be discussed."

*****

Raiden has punished me from leaving the Sky Temple, he casted a magic to barricade me from the outside world. Like a prisoner, I can only pray to the gods for Raiden's change of heart. Shinnok's Amulet lies with pride on his chest. A symbol of his fury towards any threat to Earthrealm. Raining started to pour down from above, I let the droplets of water soaked my body.

Camouflaged the nonstop tears running down my cheeks.

From the day he defiled Outworld, I was at the verge of disappointment. My heart shattered into a million pieces as the image flashed right through my head. Remembering the cold blooded Thunder God who fights for the benefit of himself. Of course, my wonders were interrupted by the sudden scream entered my sense of hearing. I flinched at the spot, calculating the owner of the voice.