Missing Signs

WARNING! There is sensitive content in this chapter. If assault or the discussion of such bothers you, majority of this chapter is not for you. The ending has a bit of fluff, but this chapter does have some sensitive matters.

________________________________

Two weeks with Christopher and I can already see a difference. While he doesn't listen to me much, but he does listen to Rose. Most of the time he gets a little antsy around me and gravitates to Rose. Alberta has been pleased with what we have reported and I'm glad that Rose is enjoying her mentor role with Christopher. Watching the two of them go through movements I can see Rose talking to him, and Christopher recoils away from him as if she slapped him.

"Listen lady, just because I'm letting you and Goliath over there help me catch up does not mean we will have heart to hearts. Go talk to your prissy friends for that!" he snaps and stalks out of the gym, slamming to door shut.

Rose turns to me with a confused look matching my own. "I thought I was getting through to him," Rose says with a frown and I walk towards her. I caress her cheek softly and she leans into my touch. "You are Roza, but people are complex. Look at how you would react sometimes," I placate. Rose nods and rubs her hand over her shoulder.

"I just, I don't get it! You know sometimes he shares a little about his life and then it's a one-eighty. I feel like the closer to the root of the problem I get, the more he pushes back."

"What did you ask him about?"

"I asked him if he had a girlfriend."

I tilt my head to the side and then look at the door that Christopher stormed through no more than a few minutes ago. A young man like him generally wouldn't react like that to a question like 'do you have a girlfriend', but I think Rose is onto something. There is something going on here.

Rose sighs and steps away from me to pick up her bag. She slings it over her shoulder and shoves her notebook into the side pocket. "Come on, let's go get some dinner. I'm starving! After that we can go and relax a bit," Rose says holding her hand out to me. I pick up my things and take her hand as we head towards the cafeteria for dinner.

________________________________

"This doesn't make sense, Dimitri. All these problems started at the beginning of the semester, and the majority of the problems are with the male Guardians and teachers. Before this year Christopher was an outstanding student with no prior infractions. His record before then was like Lissa's. We are missing something," Rose huffs as she looks through Christopher's file for the tenth time since we came back from dinner.

I lean onto the bed and pull the file from her hands, but she tugs it back. "Rose, you've been going over this for hours. Take a break, relax a little bit, you're going to stress yourself out," I say as I finally tug the file free from her hands. Rose sticks her tongue out at me as I set the file down on the table in the kitchenette and I join her on the bed.

"How do you propose that I 'relax'?" she asks as I crawl beside her and I smirk at her. I lean down and run my lips against hers and she giggles, twisting her fingers into my hair and hooks her leg around mine. Rose eagerly opens her mouth to me and rubs herself against me as my hands wander over her sides up to her chest, stroking the supple flesh with my fingers. I wedge my knee between her legs, and she moves them apart quickly, pulling me down on top of her and moves her fingers down my neck to clutch my back. Her soft fingers slip under my shirt and she itches it up. I sit up to pull of off, grinning at her as her eyes wander over my chest with a lust.

I lean down to reclaim her lips and I rub my hands over her breasts, nipping at her lip as she moans. I love her moan, and I love the way that she reacts to my touch. It's been almost a year and it never gets old. I pull her shirt up and move to kiss the soft skin of her stomach, moving upwards leaving a trail of wet kisses. Pulling her shirt off I lick the curve of her breasts before sucking on the skin and Rose squeals at the sensation.