Guilt and Jealousy

Two Years Later

"Does Christian seem a little edgy to you? I mean more than usual? He was pretty snarky with me today."

I shrug nonchalantly at Rose as I finish typing my message to Christian, promising that I would ask Rose on his behalf. Christian has been planning to propose to Lissa for weeks now and has the whole thing planned out, except for the ring. I have tried to help Christian find the ring, but Christian can't seem to find the right one. Leading to Christian hoping that Rose would help him do this. But he is too wound up to ask himself.

"You know something," Rose states, crossing her arms over her chest and raising her brows at me. I come to stand in front of her and place my hands on her hips, running my fingers in circles. "I think you should call him. He has a favour to ask but he is too nervous that you'll say no. Even though I've told him that you wouldn't."

Rose chuckles at me before realizing that I'm being serious. She rolls her eyes and pulls my phone from my pocket and dials Christian's number. I squeeze her gently and move to pull away but she narrows her eyes and I step closer, brushing my torso against hers.

"Pyro. Dimitri says that you need something from me?" Rose says when Christian picks up. Rose gives me a humourism look as she listens to him before a look of shock crosses her features. Her eyes flick to mine as they widen like saucers. "Of course I would do that Christian. You should have asked sooner," Rose say with a small smile on her face. I give her a smirk and she smacks my shoulder playfully as she finishes their conversation.

Rose looks down at my phone after disconnecting the call and tosses it onto the couch. "You've known that Christian was going to propose and didn't say anything to me?" Rose asks. I shrug as I toy with the edge of her shirt.

"I couldn't say anything. It wasn't my place," I say simply. Rose snorts a laugh and playfully shoves me as she slips out of my grip and flops onto the couch. Rose gives me a large smile as I sit next to her and she curls into my side.

"Lissa is officially going to have a family again," Rose says softly, resting her head on my shoulder. I reach up and run my fingers through her hair. I hum and kiss her hair when she tilts her up to look at me. "I guess I am going ring shopping tomorrow," Rose says with a smile.

__________________________

I cheer loudly as Rose walks across the stage to collect her diploma, turning to face the audience as the chair of her program places the sash over her shoulder. I take a few pictures on my phone with a chuckle, knowing that Rose didn't want to come to the ceremony to begin with. This was her day too, and there are plenty of Guardians here to protect the Moroi present. Rose smiles as she shakes the Dean's hand and walks off the stage to return to her seat. Abe was able to get perfect seats and we are close enough that if I threw something, I would be able to reach the girls. Rose looks over her shoulder as she searches the crowd and her eyes land on me.

I give her a smile and mouth my love to her, making the uneasy look on her face disappear into a glorious smile. Rose turns back to face the stage as the rest of her class collect their diplomas and the rest of the ceremony flies by. The moment we are able to meet up with the graduates I am up out of my seat. I wait for Rose's parents, Christian and a few others to exit the row and we all walk out together to find Rose and Lissa.

I scan the crowd around us, thankful for once of my extreme height, and spot Rose and Lissa hugging their classmates. I steer the group towards them and whisk Rose up in my arms the minute she spots me.

"I am so, so proud of you," I whisper in her ear before pressing my lips to hers. Rose hums and smiles against my lips before I set her back on her feet, cupping my face and pecking my lips again. "Thank you. It was hard, but in the end, I did it."