Where Is He?

It feels like old times seeing Rose laying sprawled on the mat, her hair sticking to her forehead with sweat as her chest rises and falls in quick succession to her panting breath.

"That's going to hurt later," Rose groans from her place, raising her arms over her head to stretch. I chuckle and stand over her, holding my hands out to help her up.

"I'll give you a good massage tonight," I say with a smirk. Not that I'd be complaining to run my hands over her. Rose snorts and takes my hands and allows me to pull her to her feet. Rose groans and cracks her neck with a grateful sigh. Now that Rose is finally feeling in better shape, we decided to start working out together again. I warned her that she may not have been able to keep up with me, but she shrugged me off, stating that she could keep up.

"You're coming to Toby's six months check up today, right?" Rose asks as she wipes her face with the towel. I roll my eyes at her even though she can't see me. Of course I'm coming, I like going to them. I enjoy doing the small things with Toby; which includes the doctor's appointments.

"Yes," I reply, taking the towel from her and tossing it into the basket. Rose smiles and heads towards the women's change room and I head to the men's, showering quickly and waiting for Rose.

Rose comes out moments after I arrive and we head towards the daycare center and meet one of the caregivers at the desk. "We're here to pick up Toby Belikov," Rose says, pulling out her ID for the sign-in sheet. The girl nods and heads into the room while Rose leans against the wall behind her.

"What do you want for dinner tonight?" Rose asks as she inspects her fingernails.

"Why? Are you cooking?" I laugh, silently hoping she's asking about what I want for take-out. Rose can cook breakfast and that's really it.

"Oh God, no. I don't want to cook but you've cooked every night this week," Rose scoffs and stands up straight. I shake my head and smirk.

"How about Indian tonight? We can try that new place that opened up," I say, leaning forward and kissing the top of her head. Rose scrunches up her nose and shakes her head.

"No, if tonight goes as planned, that is not something we should be eating before," Rose says raising her brows, a wicked look in her eye. I bite my lip and ponder again.

"What about Thai?"

"Now that sounds better," she says. I nod and wink before looking back towards the desk. What is taking so long? The daycare center is not that big. The young lady comes back around the corner with a peculiar look on her face, the manager of the center on her heels.

"Toby isn't here," the manager says hesitantly.

"What do you mean Toby's not here?" Rose asks, her voice thick. I put my hand on her arm and squeeze gently.

"What we mean is that he isn't in the center, the classroom or the bathroom. The last anyone says Toby was about a half hour ago."

"How does a six-month-old baby go missing from a daycare center?!" Rose shrieks, stepping towards the desk. I grip her shoulders and pull her back to me, not just because there's a chance she might leap across the desk to strangle them, but to anchor myself here.

"You have video cameras all over the gym. Is there a chance one of them could have picked up where he went?" I ask firmly, taking a deep breath through my nose.

That was what it took. One request to look at the tapes after the local police being called was what we needed to find out where Toby went. And it was worse than we feared because on the feed is not only Randall, but Tasha as well.