d e f i n e ▪32▪

I like to think of myself as good person basically.
Most of us do.
Most of us are far from that.
Yet some of us, they are too far from that.

I'm the kind of person who'll look for the good in you unless you give me a big and real reason not to.
Who'll forget the ten times you did me wrong the instant you show me a bit of right.
Who won't ever hurt you unless you make me do that.
Who won't tell tales behind your back, even to those who don't even matter, let alone the ones who do.
Who won't give you away to the teacher and save your neck a dozen times, knowing that you are fishing for the chance to dunk mine in.
Who would hate myself for ages if I do something I find morally incorrect.
Who would still try and think of a justifications for your actions, for the bad stuff you've done to me, cause I used to believe that essentially - people aren't bad.

I'm running out of conviction now. Every single day as I see more of this world, I'm forced to see how wrong I am. I'm grappling with the fact that there are people who'll be mean without any reason - that's just how they are and you can't ask why. I'm struggling to understand how can one live with themselves like that. I wanna know whether there's any sense in the condition humans have brought themselves to today - is anything ever real ?
I can't find the answers.

What I dont get is why people like us are the victims ?
Why is using underhand means and lying and fabricating considered mature and smart ? Are we dumb just because we refuse to use people like you do ?
Why are the simple ones told to grow up and be clever and crafty ?
Why do we even need to realise that doing such stuff is necessary to survive in this mean world.
Why is it always the bad guys who are powerful, unlike the stories and the lessons ?
Why do we gotta make it all complicated, there are few things I can think of that are simple and clear, the rest we've muddled up ?
Why talking about morals and conscience make you sound like a kid ?
Why being yourself - or being open, honest, simple, truthful, and nice isn't an option anymore ?

Did we mix up the definitions of good and bad in the dictionary ?