c a n' t s t o p ▪42▪

Somedays, I still dream about you.

Yeah, I'm probably over you. I'm at a stage where I scorn at my earlier self for all those days I spent moping about you, am embarrassed of all the silly thoughts I had about us, and can freely and easily laugh at the kid I was.
I can manage entire weeks without thinking of you even once, but that doesn't stop me from waking up giddy - trying to suppress that natural smile and walking in a daze whenever I dream of you.
It somehow doesn't stop that excitement that bubbles me up as I'm still taking in what I just woke up from.
It doesn't stop every inch of me from wanting to get back into bed - if only I could continue the dream.
It doesn't stop me from spending my day in that same daze, feeling that something is amiss, only to realize it's you I'm missing.
It doesn't stop me from sliding back into my warm blanket at noon and reliving the dream, playing whatever shreds my mind can still grasp over and over again like a film, and imagining it to be true.
It doesn't stop me from thinking about us again - what we could have and still could be.
It doesn't stop me from wasting an hour being lost in thoughts of you, and me, and us, and then foolishly making myself believe that a girl needs this wistful thinking sometimes.
It doesn't stop me from worrying that it's most probably one-sided, and the r elevation that it isn't happens only in books, and a small hope that maybe it will happen in my life too.
It doesn't stop me from wondering all over agin whether we still have a shot.
It doesn't stop me from realizing that I still want you, even if I've suppressed my feelings to the back of my heart, and have eventually almost grown out of them, but they are still there - and given the chance, they'll readily blossom again and fill me up - and it takes a moment like this to realise that.

It doesn't stop me from writing about you yet another time.