d o i ? ▪38▪

The moment you realise you deserve better isn't any sort of enlightening or liberating or enticing.
Nah.
It's scary.
Real scary.

It's scary cause it means abandoning your age old ideals of what you need and what you want and what you should get.
It means judging and evaluating every single point of your relationship all over again from a newer perspective, and being naturally afraid to do that.
It means being apprehensive of what all you might find once you set out on the above path, and how it will shake you in ways you don't even wanna imagine yourself dealing with.
It means being weary cause you are comfortable and happy and proud of the person you are with, and just don't have the strength to find that in someone new, let alone find something better than what you have.
It means asking yourself whether you are simply deluded and vain, or better - foolish.
It means being cynical at every step and whether you will be able to guard yourself from the sheer pain that comes with that.
It means throwing away all that you have in search of something you think you should have, and just this thought makes you squirm.
It means hating yourself for thinking in such a way, specially when that person is one who matters a lot, and to whom you do matter.
It means trying to convince yourself to come back to reality and abandon your stupid ideals.

A/N : A thought that went away as suddenly as it came.