Chapter 4 ~ The Aftermath

~Makoto's POV~

The party was a huge bust. I tried my best to have fun with everyone even if I didn't know them, but stress got the better of me. I was so stressed about trying to keep them happy that I ended up making everyone worry. 

I had laid in the nurses office until curfew. I was then escorted to my dorm by a teacher.

"Hopefully tomorrow won't be like this..."

The next day

...

I went to class with a smile plastered on my face. 

"Today will be better!"

But those thoughts left me as soon as I walked into the classroom.

 I could feel the despair of the classroom. Some of it because of me almost passing out, but most of it from the truth of everything that happened to us. Chihiro was even quietly crying. She looked like the type of girl to cry about every small thing, but that made her special. 

Everyone finally noticed me, but all I got was stares. 

I hate despair and everything to do with it. It corrupts people and makes them lose motivation. They lose hope. And losing hope is the worst thing you could ever do. I quietly sit down. 

I thought today might be better. I thought that maybe we could interact with the others to remember them faster, but no one seems like they're in the mood. I put my head on the desk and think of peaceful things, like my favourite things, my favourite memories, and my favourite places. 

I don't give into the despair, especially since I know who's behind it. I may not remember many people, but I remember her. 

Junko Enoshima. The Ultimate Despair. 

How could I ever forget her. She's the one who almost plunged the whole world into despair, before I stopped her. We were almost put into a mutual killing game by her, but we escaped before anyone killed someone. 

Now life is back to normal, but she's still out there, causing despair. I'm mad enough at her for corrupting others with despair, but my friends? I may not remember them, but I still remember my emotions for them. I need to come up with a plan. 

"I need to find a way to defeat Junko once and for all. But how? How am I even going to find her? Maybe I can lure her out? I'm sure my presence is enough to lure her." 

I look over at Kyoko. She looks like she's thinking the same thing. 

I nod for her to come over, and she complies.

Makoto: We need to come up with a plan to defeat her.

Kyoko: Agreed. 

We come with a plan. 

First we lure her out of hiding. 

Then we do what we did the first time, but without our classmates this time. 

It may not be the best plan, but hope will always prevail. 

Or at least, I hope it will...

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait and the shorter chapter. I just didn't have motivation lol. Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!