28. The Day She'll Never Forget

"I can't believe the day's actually here," Minami told Sai. It was noon and the actual wedding wasn't until that evening, but Minami was still a big bundle of nerves.

"You'll be great!" Sai said, sitting in the chair beside her hospital bed. "Besides you have five wonderful bridesmaids here to back you up!"

"Where is everyone else?" Minami asked. "I thought they were supposed to be coming up so we could go out and get hair, makeup and nails done."

"I haven't heard from them," Sai shrugged. "Then again, they never gave me their number."

Suddenly the door burst open and standing in the doorway was Nagisa, Aiko, Amaya, and Rio, all exhausted.

"I told you," Rio huffed. "Running after that train...totally worth it." Then she collapsed on the ground.

-----

"So where to first?" Minami asked. The hospital had discharged her long enough for her to be able to go around the city to get things done for her wedding.

"I think we should go nails first so we aren't walking around in full on makeup all day," Amaya suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea," Nagisa said. "Then we can do hair and makeup then, dresses. By then, it should be time for your wedding."

Minami took a deep breath, "Okay, so, who's driving?"

Aiko raised her hand, "I'm the only one with a license." They followed Aiko to her car, which was a silver chevy tahoe, and got in. "So what's this nail place called?"

"Nail Salon Prism," Minami said, taking her phone out and looking at the names of the salons they had to go to.

Aiko nodded and started the car. Soon they were on the road driving down the highway.

"So, how were you able to plan a whole wedding in just a week?" Sai asked.

Minami chuckled, "It wasn't easy. Well, it was actually mainly my dad and brother. My dad has a friend that's a wedding planner and my brother actually knows how to bake and decorate cakes, so with Tendou and I helping we made the wedding cake and the grooms cake. Also, Tendou started planning the wedding when he found out I was in the hospital."

"Wow," Rio said. "It's like he knew you would say yes."

Minami shrugged, "Maybe he did."

"Who's all on the guest list?" Amaya asked.

"That's a big list," Minami said. "Um. Family, the boys volleyball team, the girls volleyball team, Coach Eijiri, Coach Washijo, Coach Saitou. Bokuto, Akaashi, Kuroo, Kenma, their families, the hospital staff, and a bunch more probably."

"That is a lot of people," Nagisa said. "I mean there could be more but, I thought you'd want to have a smaller wedding."

"Well, so many people have impacted my life and I just wanted everyone there so they know that they're the ones who helped me get this far," Minami said.

"That's inspirational," Aiko commented.

"Well, it's just how I feel and-oh, we're here already?" Minami looked out the window at the small teal shop with the words, Prism Salon on it.

The six girls got out of the car and headed inside. They were immediately greeted by the lady standing behind the counter.

Minami was able to get their appointments straightened out and they were all lead to the back and they started to get their nails done.

-----

Minami's nails were finished and were now a blue to white ombre. They paid, thanked the people and left.