17. Shiratorizawa Youth Camp

Minami rushed around the gym with Kai Akakura and Yushoe Sagae, both first years. They were preparing everything for the first years Coach Washijo invited  to the Shiratorizawa Youth Camp.

They had already picked where everyone would be staying and Minami would be helping some of the volunteers cook the food plan for the week.

All they were doing was a quick cleaning of the gym before the players got there. Minami was wiping down all of the equipment with cleaning wipes while Kai and Yushoe pushed around brooms,sweeping the floor.

After every singly volleyball, pole, and bench was wiped down, Minami filled up water bottles. She also grabbed towels and practice jerseys.

After fixing everything almost perfectly(because nothing's perfect), she helped Kai and Yushoe finish sweeping. It was just in time too because Coach Anabara walked in.

He was followed by Goshiki. Then someone from Date, then two people from Aoba Johsai and people just kept appearing.

Minami stayed out of the way until all of the players got there. 

"That's funny," Minami murmured to herself. "I don't remember there being two people invited from Karasuno."

The short orange haired middle blocker from the team of crows stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the people there.

Soon, Anabara noticed that mistake that he in fact, was not supposed to be there.

"Have you gone mental?" The tall blonde, that Minami recognized as Tsukishima asked Hinata. "Why are you even here!? Do you actually think you could actually get away with this?? What were you thinking!? You Dingus! You are an absolute moron!"

The two players from Aoba Johsai muttered something she couldn't hear over the yelling but Coach Anabara quickly took Hinata away for questioning. Coach Anabara had put her in charge since she was the oldest in the room.

That slightly bothered her because most of the players were taller than her. Soon they all dispersed into groups, and had idle chatter. The most intimidating of the groups was the one with Goshiki and a player from Aoba Johsai and Date Tech.

After a few more minutes Coach Washijo entered followed by Anabara and finally, Hinata.

The orange-haired boy bowed and said, "I'd like to apologize for interrupting your training!! I'm Hinata Shoyou, First year from Karasuno High School! 164 cm! I'll be the ball boy, pleased to mke your accquaintance!!"

-----

"Under normal circumstances, you're all fellow rivals who would competet with each other in the Preliminaries. But as long as you're all inside these walls, you're not enemies. The fact that you're in this unnique setting that deviates from the norm should prove to be powerful incentive for all of you," Washijo looked at each player. "I expect each and everyone of you to take this oppuratunity to steal each others' and enhance your own. That is all."

Anabara instructed the players and they all soon found partners and started passing practice.

Minami followed Kai and Yusho, to introduce themselves to Hinata. 

"W-we're Shiratorizawa's reserve freshman players," Yusho said. "I uhh...heard you were Karasuno's ball boy. We've been assigned to support the training camp as well, so...I'm looking forward to working with you."

"Back at'cha!" Hinata said.

"I'm Minami Ushijima, the manager of the Shiratorizawa volleyball team," Minami said, and the boy went rigid. "If you need anything, or need to know where anything is, feel free to ask."