36. 10 years later

Before we begin this chapter I want to say that we will have visits from all of Minami's girl-friends and there are some things I should clear up.

Minami Tendou (Seamstress)
Sexuality: Straight
Pronouns: She/ Her
Married?: Yes; Tendou

Nagisa Sadoka (Accountant)
Sexuality: Straight
Pronouns: She/Her
Married?: No

Rio Minotozaki (Satou)(Tattoo Artist)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Pronouns: She/ They
Married?: Yes; Aiko

Aiko Satou(Flight Attendant)
Sexuality: Lesbian
Pronouns: She/Her
Married?: Yes; Rio

Amaya Suzuki (Pediatrician)
Sexuality: Pansexual
Pronouns: She/They
Married?:  No

Sai Okazaki( (Professional Volleyball Player)
Sexuality: Non-Binary
Pronoun: They/Them
Married?: Yes; New Character: Kiyo Nurude(Okazaki)(Also a Volleyball Player)

Thank you.

"Kohaku! We need to get going! You're volleyball match starts in thirty minutes and your coach wanted you to be there early!" Minami yelled throughout her house as she wrapped her youngest four month year old daughter, Nezuko, into a blanket.

"Minami where's Killua?" Tendou asked, entering the room, while putting on his own jacket. "I swear I just saw him a few minutes ago."

"I can't believe you lost our son," Minami sighed. "Here, help Nezuko. I'll go find him." She left her daughter in the care of her husband and walked around trying to find her son.

"Killua? Killua?" Minami searched and searched and after a moment she found him. His legs were pulled to his chest and he was sitting beside Minami's bed. "Killua, sweetheart. What's wrong?"

"D-do I have to go?" he gulped looking up at her. His strawberry blonde hair fell into his red glistening eyes. "I can s-stay here."

"Honey, why don't you want to go?" Minami asked, crouching down beside him. "Don't you want to support Kohaku?"

Killua nodded, "Y-yes but I don't wanna get p-picked on."

"Now who would pick on someone as amazing as you, huh?" Minami asked bringing him closer to her so he could rest his head on her shoulder.

"There a-are a lot of mean b-boys and g-girls at my school," he sniffled. "They m-make fun of my eyes."

Minami frowned. She had hoped that none of her children would have to go through the bullying that she and Tendou had to go through. Sadly, her wish had been denied.

She pulled Killua into her lap, stroking his hair, "Listen sweetheart, I'm going to tell you something. Okay?"

He nodded.

"Mommy and Daddy both got bullied too," she said, as she began rocking back and forth. "Mommy got made fun of because I was the only one in my family with red eyes and Daddy was constantly told that he was a monster."

"You were?" he asked. Minami nodded.

"But you know what? You have something that neither me nor Daddy had," she said. "You have Kohaku and Nezuko. You're sisters will protect you no matter what and though it may not seem like Nezuko is capable right now, once she grows up she'll be ready to fight for you. Just like you need to be ready to fight for her."

"O-ok," he said. "I th-think I'll b-be good." Minami smiled and picked Killua up, bringing him to the living room. She helped him put on his jacket and by that time, everyone was ready.

-----

"Go Kohaku!" Minami and Tendou both cheered for their daughter as she blocked a spike from the opposite team.