The Box

It was now Sunday, I woke up and yawned. I wanted to go back to sleep, I am nowhere near a morning person and hated the thought of getting up early. But it was 10:30am and I knew If I slept any longer I'd be asleep until noon and I didn't like sleeping in that long so I decided to get up. I changed into a long white dress, which I called a peasant dress. I placed on some music and started dancing as I cooked some French Toast and made a fruit bowl. I ate it smiling at the delicious taste, after I finished I saw a note on the pantry cupboard. I grabbed it and sat on the stool reading it

Hi sweetie, like I said your father and I are busy today. So I need you to see if you can find the old family photo book for me please and thank you. Love mum.

I nodded to myself and threw the note in the bin, I cleaned my dishes and then grabbed my bag. I placed it on letting it hang across my chest. I walked down to the basement and started looking through the boxes. I was humming some tunes as dusted the dust off the boxes.

 I was humming some tunes as dusted the dust off the boxes

I found a box buried underneath some blankets, curiosity got the better of me and I grabbed it deciding to look through it

I found a box buried underneath some blankets, curiosity got the better of me and I grabbed it deciding to look through it. I sat down and looking at it and saw the album, I smiled and started looking through it. Giggling at the baby photos of me, I continued looking through it before placing It down and looking though the box. I saw a bunch of little trinkets and photos of my parents. They looked so happy and then I saw one of the three of us.

I looked like a newborn in the photo, I was in an old baby dress. It was white and long, I giggled and placed the photo to the side. I stood up, the album in my hand and then quickly ran to the kitchen. I place the photo album on the counter and then walked basement. I continued looking through the box, finding everything I found interesting.

I pulled out a dress, it was gorgeous! It was a light blue, almost looking silky. I would say it was an old pyjama gown. I stood up and unfolded the dress, placing it against my chest. I walked to the cracked mirror and grinned at what it looked like. I folded it up again and then placed it on top of another box while I continued looking through the box I was already looking through. There was an old newspaper boy suit, in very good condition. Looked like it was from the 19th century, I placed the outfit by my side.

I could faintly hear the music I had playing from the kitchen. I hummed quietly as I packed the box up and placed it how I found it. I found another box, It was well kept than the others and didn't look at all damaged. I placed the box down and sat down, I opened the box carefully and then was met with a blanket. I took it off and saw some books, I grinned happily and opened one of them. There was a book about flowers and their meanings, I grinned and opened it. I started reading it, already memorising the information I gathered. 

Tulips mean perfect, deep love and some even referred to it as charity. Sunflowers mean unwavering faith and unconditional love. Daises mean innocence and purity, those are only a few that I'll say for now. I placed it in my bag and then looked through the box some more. There was a jewellery box, I grinned and gently lifted it. Afraid it would break at my touch, I opened it and saw some beautiful items. I didn't want to touch any of these pieces of jewellery, not wanting to break them. As I knew they would be more fragile than modern jewellery.

I closed the box carefully and then looked through the box. There was picture framers with pictures of people I didn't know and old newspapers. A lot were about Sherlock Holmes' cases, I thought he was a fictional character. Must've just been made for fun, underneath the newspapers was something wrapped in a silk blanket. I picked it up and placed the item on the ground, I untied the blanket and then looked at the odd looking box. 

I looked at it, trying to find a way to open it

I looked at it, trying to find a way to open it. But I got nothing, there was a bolt sticking up and I turned it clockwise. Hoping it would do somethings and it did, the other pieces of clockwork started turning and I looked up to see the dust that was visible in the light's rays slowing down. The window in the basement had leaves blowing against it and they were sliding down slowly. 

Third person's POV 

Julie, Everleigh's mother, came home with her husband Daniel. They walked to the kitchen and saw the photo album. Daniel looked at Julie and then grabbed her hand as they walked to the basement. They silently walked down the stairs, not wanting their daughter to see them. Julie smiled as Everleigh turned the bolt. Daniel looked down at his wife, excitement gleaming in his eyes. 

"She'll have many questions." Daniel whispered, Julie nodded and sat on the steps. Daniel sitting behind her and rubbed her shoulders. 

"And we'll answer them, it's a good thing I told her friends and the school that she wouldn't be there for a little bit." Julie's words were almost silent, Daniel kissed the top of her head and then watched the scene in front of them.

Everleigh's POV 

Everything was slowly fading, I was confused, scared and worried. Am I going insane? Am I dreaming? As the world was spinning around, my head was hurting and I felt sick in the stomach. I was flying through a tunnel, though I wasn't the one doing the flying, it just seemed to happen. 

On the side walls, the floor and the ceiling was what felt like space in a cartoon. Stars, blues, purples and pinks. Then at the end was darkness, I braced myself as I neared it and then screamed as I went through it. It felt like going through glass, but there was no cuts nor blood. My ears were rings in a pitchy tone. My vision was going foggy and then as I neared something, I crashed and passed out.