Identity

Everleigh's POV

After my time in the hospital I got sent back to my new 'home.' Demetri locked me in my room, only allowing me to come out for meals. I was getting scared, feeling alone and I gave up on finding a way back to my actual time. There were points when I forgot what time I was in and spoke my mind. That earned me a caning on then back of my hands, to look after them in a way I ripped the curtains and wrapped them around each of my hands. I became closed off, rarely speaking to Demetri when we spent time with each other. 

I was staring out the window, my head resting on the glass. A few tears sitting on my cheeks, the skies were grey and it looked like it were to rain soon. In my time here I had made a bag, I placed all of my things into it and kept it under my bed. I heard a knock on the door, it made me briefly look over at it and sigh. I stood up, dusting myself off and swiping away my tears. I opened the door to see Demetri, with someone standing behind them. 

"Everleigh, this is a dresser fitter. You need not his name, but his service." I nodded, Demetri waited for the boy to enter then closed my door before he walked off. 

"Where would you like me to stand?" I quietly asked, the boy had a newspaper boy hat that covered his eyes, brown pants, a white shirt with suspenders and then a brown coat. He pointed to a spot in the middle of the room, I stood there and he walked closer to me. I hadn't seen his face yet, I looked at the ground and waited for his orders. 

"What type of dress do you wish for?" I knew that voice, my head shot up and I saw a small smile forming on the boy's face. I pushed his hat up, so it wasn't covering his face and saw that it was Tewksbury.

"Tewksbury?" I quietly asked, tears forming in my eyes. He nodded and I gasped quietly and jumped into his chest to hug him. He chuckled quietly and wrapped his arms around me. He placed his hand on the back of my head and hugged me tightly. 

"I'm sorry I let you go, this is my fault." He whispered and placed his hand on my cheek. I sniffled and let out a small chuckle. I was going to get out, be happy and free. He grabbed my hands and frowned at the poorly bandaged things. 

"What did he do?" He asked and I took my hands from his and placed them down at my side. 

"I said something I should not have said, so he grabbed the cane." I explained almost silently, he plopped down on the bed, looking up at me in sorrow. 

"What else did he do?" I sat next to him, placing my hands in my lap and looked up at him. The tears would come, I just knew it. I took a shaky breath and spoke. 

"He sent me to a psychiatric hospital, because he believes I am not normal. I didn't like it there, nor do I like it in this building. I'm scared Tewksbury." my voice was quavering, I hugged myself trying to comfort myself as it became second nature as I spent my time here. Tewksbury hugged me again and rubbed my back trying to comfort me. 

"You'll never have to deal with him again, I promise. I'm getting you out of here." He swiped away some tears and smiled reassuringly at me. 

"Now, where are your things?" He asked as he stood up, I smiled and grabbed the bag from under my bed. I handed it to him and he winked. He grabbed my hand gently, not wanting to hurt me and we started walking out. We snuck down the stairs and then I hid under a sofa as I heard footsteps. Tewksbury placed the bag down and stood in front of the sofa. 

"Did she listen?" Demetri asked, I was thankful I had placed his hat back on and listened in. 

"Yes, she did. The dress will be here in a couple of weeks." 

"Good, well, here's your pay." Tewksbury helped me up and then picked the bag back up, we ran out of the house and I laughed happily, I undid the buttons to my collar of the dress and saw a carriage. Tewksbury placed my bag in and then helped me in, I saw Demetri running out furiously. I cheered and stuck my tongue out at him and then whooped as we rode off. 

Tewksbury was controlling the carriage, sitting on the small seat provided for the drivers.  Tewksbury slowly slowed down and I looked at him confused, he turned around and looked at me.

"What is it?" He shook his head and held out his hand so I wouldn't move. I was starting to worry, I saw a two wolves crossing out path. The horses got freighted and took off, I screamed and held onto the side. I saw the wolves running after us and fear on Tewksbury's face, the horses halted to a stop and we both flung out and into a ditch. I groaned and turned onto my back looking at the sky, Tewksbury crawled over to me and placed his hand on my face. 

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly, I nodded and he helped me sit up. We both had a few bruises, but surprisingly no cuts. We both stood up and he grabbed the bag, we walked to a cabin that was near by and I found out Tewksbury was already staying here. We walked up to his lodging and I saw there was only one bed. I smiled at him and he placed the bag on his bed. 

"Let me look at your hands." I sat on the bed and held out my hands, he undid it and winced looking at the marks. 

"Tewks, it is alright. I'm okay, really." He sighed and nodded. 

"Alright, do you have any change of clothes?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'll let you change, then I'll explain." I nodded and looked through the bag and grabbed out my things. Tewksbury walked out of the room and closed the door, I quickly changed getting into a comfier dress. I didn't put my corset on and left it in the bag. I placed my bag on the ground and walked to the door, I opened it and saw Tewksbury leaning on the wall. He smiled at me and walked in, he sat on the bed and I sat besides him. 

"We start when Enola came to the flower stall."