Basilweather

We had discussed the plan, Enola would go as a widow and I would just be dressing up in boy's clothing. I wish it was more acceptable in these times, but I cannot control what happens until it happens. We got into a carriage, on our way to the manor. I felt nervous for some reason and I didn't know why, I was missing Tewksbury a lot. It didn't feel right without him, Enola looked over at me and smiled. 

"We'll find him, don't worry." She reassured, I smiled and nodded rubbing my sweaty palms on my pant legs. As we got closer to the manor, I jumped out of the moving carriage and hid behind a bush. I continued going off, looking for the secret garden. I entered a maze like thing and quickly found myself in the centre. 

There was a sunflower in the centre and it was facing a door covered in moss and vines. I walked over to it and kicked it open, I looked inside and saw a bunch of mirrors. I stepped inside and a brush of cold wind slammed the door shut. I jumped and then saw the piece for the box that would send me home. 

I went to pick it up but I had a shatter, I felt like Ella from Ella Enchanted when she was in the mirror room. I saw a maid, she was standing by the door and had a devilish look in her eyes. 

"That belongs to me." She snarled and I raised an eyebrow. 

"Come and get it then." I smirked and she ran to me, she punched me in the face and I groaned elbowing her in the face. She groaned and I yelped as I was kicked in the lower back, I collapsed to the ground and looked at the person who attacked me. It was a man around the age of the maid which would've been mid-twenties. He knocked me out before I could do anything else, when I woke up I groaned and sat up slowly. 

My head was hurting, I saw the piece was gone and groaned angrily. I hit the ground with my fist and then stood up, I ran out of the room and to the front to see Enola coming towards me. Who had changed clothes.

"What happened?" She asked and I shook my head.

"We'll talk about it later." I said and she nodded, I got dropped off at the lodging and snuck up to my room. I changed into an elegant yellow dress and sighed, I was going to a dinner in an hour. I smiled at the flower, I had placed it in a vase. It was the only reminder of Tewksbury and it made me feel a lot better. Enola and I had agreed to meet up after 3 days at my room and we'll go find Tewksbury. 

I placed on some shoes and looked at myself in the foggy mirror. I looked pretty and nice, I decided it was time to go and walked out of the room. I decided to walk to the restaurant and saw all the fancy and rich people. I mentally groaned, knowing these people will do my head in. I smiled at the people and then walked to a table. I took a seat and saw all the people connecting with each other. A boy sat next to me, I looked at him and smiled politely. He smiled back and spoke. 

"I am Lord Demetri of the Baneswell estate, pleased to meet you miss..?" He introduced, I had to refrain from rolling my eyes because this guy was cocky as hell. 

"Everleigh Hazel." He took my hand and kissed it, I faked a smile and tried to hide my uncomfortable look. 

"Will you like to dance with me?" He asked standing up, I slightly nodded feeling obligated to do so. He pulled me up and walked with me to the other dancing couples, he placed his hand on my waist and held my other hand up and I placed my free hand on his shoulder. We started dancing to the music and I smiled slightly as I tried not to stuff up at my dancing. 

After a two long musical pieces we took a break, Demetri spoke with some others and I was glad to be away from him. I saw the man that was at the museum and furrowed my eyebrows. I heard some women gushing and saying his name which is Mycroft. 

I was startled out of my thoughts when Demetri hit a champagne glass with his fork. 

"Could I have your attention please?" He asked and everyone fell dead silent. Girls my age looked like they were preparing themselves. Asking each other to tighten their corsets and fix their hair pieces. 

"First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Mycroft Holmes for helping me arrange this celebration tonight. As many of you may know, I have been looking for my bride. I have met many of you before, but there was one who just stood out. Miss. Everleigh Hazel, I have chosen you to be my bride." My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open, I was being married! No, this cannot happen! He signalled for me to come over, so I did and stood at his side. 

Everyone clapped while they cheered, I felt shocked, sick and scared. We walked to a table and he placed a ring on my finger. I faked a smile, trying not to let it become uneasy. 

"You'll come to my manor tonight, we'll live there together. Do you have any requests?" He asked, I nodded swallowing the lump in the back of my throat. 

"Yes please, I was hoping I could get my things from the lodging I am staying at?" I asked and he nodded with a smile. 

"We'll go there now." He took my hand and led me out of the building. We took a carriage to the lodging and he stayed in the carriage as I walked to my room. I quickly grabbed some things to write with and wrote a note for Enola. 

I grabbed all my research, purse that had the box inside it and the notebooks. Placing them inside a bag that I bought, I grabbed the flower Tewksbury gave me and placed it gently inside the bag as well, I had decided to leave my dresses behind because I figured Demetri would want me to wear very fancy stuff. 

I looked at the room one last time and walked out with the bag. Demetri helped me into the carriage and then grabbed my hand. 

"I'll have you fitted for some new dresses." He said and I nodded, I wanted to cry but I wouldn't. I smiled a little bit and nodded. I sat up straight and drifted off into space, when I snapped out of my thoughts we were at the manor. I gulped and got out with him, there were many servants and one took my bag. I was led to a room, a night gown lying down on the bed. I thanked the maid and she nodded walking out. I heard the door lock and I changed into the night gown. I placed the bag under my bed and laid down. 

I stared at the ceiling, the tears streaming down my face and soaking the night-gown. I turned on my side, sniffling and closed my eyes. Hoping to find a way out soon.