23

— chapter twenty three: the first time —
[tw: nsfw!]

in the next days renjun and jeno were packing their things. even though he was extremely sad about that, donghyuck knew that they had to if they wanted to focus on their exams. they apartment was not only closer to the uni than chenle's mansion, it also gave them space to learn and study without having to get interrupted.

donghyuck himself went back to work. it felt weird entering the office for the first time in months but he quickly came to realize that not much had changed. the meetings were still boring, the secretary still annoying. but somehow being away from work for that long had given him motivation and this didn't go unnoticed by the employees. even though nobody mentioned it everyone felt new energy ever since donghyuck had been back to working.

to the man's surprise his father hadn't done anything. he didn't try to contact donghyuck once which the younger appreciated. with his mother however he talked on the phone on the first day back. she knew from her husband about donghyuck's actions however she told him that she had seen worse as the wife of a very successful ceo. she didn't mind keeping in contact with donghyuck which filled the man with happiness.

after the first weeks of work, donghyuck went home early on a friday. home being chenle's mansion. he had heard from jaemin that taeyong thought about moving back to their old mansion however for now they had too many things to do so a possible move would definitely take another few weeks if not months. donghyuck didn't mind as he had become familiar with the big house and the people living inside it.

one thing had changed however. mark and donghyuck now had their room for themselves. as renjun and jeno moved out, jaemin had asked taeyong for the permission to move in with them. donghyuck hadn't been present but jenk later told him that apparently jaemin had secretly applied for university as well. taeyong, even though a bit resentful, had allowed jaemin to go. however he expected jaemin to turn up every evening to fulfill his missions. needless to say it didn't go unnoticed for donghyuck and mark that jaemin always looked a bit messy when he turned up. the two also caught a sight of jaemin's chest one day which was covered in hickeys. they exchanged a look but neither of them said a word.

"seems like he's enjoying himself with your friends." mark commented as one day he and donghyuck watched jaemin enter the mansion. donghyuck chuckled but wasn't really listening.

reason for that was that today would be the first time he would join mark and jaemin on their nightly deals. he was a bit nervous even though mark had already assured him it would be fine. however it was obvious that was a bit nervous as well. he had asked donghyuck over and over if he was really sure about his decision to join them which had made the man pretty nervous.

he was now fiddling with his hands, pulling the black hoodie over his hands to give himself sweater paws. he quickly thanked taeil who had handed him a black mask and his gun which donghyuck quickly stored in the holster hidden under the big hoodie. luckily today was friday meaning a lot of people would be out and they were very unlikely to stand out of the crowd.

"you ready?" mark asked. he had already put on his mask and his black hair fell onto his forehead, hiding the forehead, the eyebrows and the upper part of his eyes. he looked very emo but donghyuck didn't mind. emo mark was very hot too.

"not really but we all have to start somewhere." donghyuck mumbled. he received a laugh from taeil in response who was still standing next to him. he gave donghyuck a pat on the back and said "it won't be that bad. and you have two of the best members with you."