end

— outro: the end —

it's been over a year since donghyuck joined the mafia. and honestly he couldn't imagine his life in any other way. but him and mark were yet to out their relationship.

neither of them had been pushing the other to do so. they wanted to wait so they did. still it was inevitable that someone noticed. johnny of course had been the first to say anything about it and since it made no sense lying to him, they had confessed. he teased both of them a lot with mark being his victim more often but he also understood that they didn't want that much attention so he gave them their privacy.

next to johnny, jaemin had also figured it out quite early. it was because of the dealing they did together as the three of them. whenever anyone would somehow praise donghyuck or his looks in mark's presence the latter would make it clear that donghyuck wasn't available.

later as jeno joined them for the first time, he got the hint as well and of course neither jaemin nor jeno could lie to their baby so renjun knew too. but besides them there was nobody.

that was until jisung's birthday. the boy had been anticipating it since it meant he was legally allowed to join nct. he had made it obvious that no other job besides this was anywhere near his expectations do taeyong didn't even try to argue with him about it anymore. besides he had known both chenle and jisung for years, had helped raising them so he didn't even have the heart to reject jisung's puppy eyes.

and of course, if jisung joined the mafia, chenle did as well. he was a bit more thoughtful about the decision than his best friend but nevertheless signed his contract just a few hours after jisung did.

the two were the first new members ever since renjun and jeno joined the mafia. speaking of which, both had now their roles within the mafia. they mostly helped out mark in his unit but jeno was also often used for missions which required body strength and agility. his smaller boyfriend meanwhile was perfect for not only spying but also took an interest in medicine causing him to often hang out with the wayv unit.

back to the celebrations, donghyuck was happily anticipating the cake for jisung's birthday. well more like cakes since one cake definitely wouldn't be enough for all twenty-three members.

besides the cake both jisung and chenle got handed their own guns. growing up around mafia members the two of course knew how to use them do it wasn't that big of a deal, except for johnny and taeyong who were panicking because guns barely made a good combination with alcohol.

which was why johnny asked donghyuck to bring the two guns back into the training hall. he obeyed and went down into the basement. he switched the lights on as of course nobody was down here. everyone was upstairs, celebrating with jisung.

he opened the crate with all their guns and placed jisung's and chenle's with the rest. looking down at it he now saw twenty-three black and polished guns. all had the nct logo and their respective number engraved. he grinned down at them as it looked pretty damn cool. then he closed the chest and hurried back upstairs.

he saw mark waiting at the entrance and walked up to him. mark greeted him with a nervous smile and asked "do you want to tell them now?"

donghyuck shrugged and said "why not?"

it took the two to get everyone quiet but once it was silent donghyuck cleared his throat "uhm.. me and mark we just wanted to tell you that we're a couple."