24

— chapter twenty four: johnny knows —

donghyuck woke up to his own phone alarm. he groaned, stood up and turned it off. when he turned back around, he halted in his movements.

in the bed he just stood up from laid mark. the man was frowning, his eyes barely open. his hair was disheveled and his lips pouty. donghyuck's heart hurt at the sight. all he wanted was to cuddle back into mark's side.

"morning." he said quietly.

"good morning." mark replied with his deep morning voice which sent shivers down donghyuck's spine.

"why aren't you next to me?" mark asked, now opening his eyes. donghyuck avoided the man's gaze and shrugged.

"god, will you come back here? i need my heater next to me." mark grumbled and opened up the covers. donghyuck couldn't resist so he just slipped back under the cover and sighed in content as he felt mark's arm wrap around his waist.

it was a chill atmosphere. they weren't talking neither sleeping, just closing their eyes and enjoying each other's presence. the sun shone in through the window and lit up both their faces. donghyuck heard mark shuffle next to him but he didn't open his eyes to check. instead he just frowned a bit before smiling. not for a particular reason, he just felt very content right now.

"you're still searching for a fake name, right?" mark asked. it was quiet, barely even above a whisper but of course donghyuck heard it. he hummed in agreement.

"what about haechan?" mark asked. donghyuck now opened his eyes to see that mark was looking at him, obviously cooing at the sleepy man.

"you mean haechan as in fullsun?" donghyuck asked.

"yeah, i think it fits you and your bubbly personality." mark replied, brushing a strand of hair out of donghyuck's face.

"you think i'm bubbly?" donghyuck questioned sceptically.

"not until recently. in the beginning you were an entitled asshole. but the more you've been with us the more you've come to be more positive and happy." mark explained.

donghyuck felt like crying. happy tears though. hearing that he and his presence were appreciated made him feel warm and happy. especially when it came from mark who wasn't known for being so nice and positive.

"thank you." donghyuck said, his voice cracking a bit. mark didn't say anything but gave donghyuck a soft peck on the lips.

"let's go and get breakfast, shall we?" he asked and donghyuck nodded groggily. he followed mark into the kitchen but not before both of them had a quick toilet break.

"good morning!" said a man that donghyuck recognised as lucas. mark smiled at him and replied "hey lucas." donghyuck did the same before getting himself a bowl of cereal.

"so how was your first mission, donghyuck?" lucas asked. the man didn't seem to be affected by the fact that it was still morning as he was full of energy.

"it was okay. i was a bit nervous at first but then i realized that it's actually not that bad. although mark-hyung and jaemin did help." donghyuck replied.

"of course. that's what they're here for. i'm glad it wasn't like my first mission." lucas said and then started explaining how in his first mission he handed jungwoo the wrong bottle and almost killed the person they wanted to have a deal with.

while donghyuck listened and laughed at lucas' ridiculous story he noticed that mark gave him looks. they weren't necessarily jealous but definitely had a hint of possessiveness in them. so that's why after breakfast, donghyuck quickly pulled mark into an empty hallway and gave him a kiss. not a long nor a messy one but still a kiss.