25

— chapter twenty five: jealousy with consequences —
[tw: nsfw! ik you waited for this]

when donghyuck woke up he didn't even need to open his eyes to know that mark was next to him. the older man was still asleep, softly snoring while spooning donghyuck from behind. their legs were entangled and donghyuck could feel mark's toned abs against his stomach.

he turned around and was now face to face with mark. the younger admired the sleeping man's face and all the little details that he usually wouldn't have the time to discover.

mark had a mole on his cheek and one above his eye. donghyuck softly brushed over them with his fingers. mark frowned a bit in his sleep causing donghyuck to giggle quietly. however mark didn't wake up, only scrunched his nose and sighed before his face relaxed again.

"how dare you steal my heart like that, mark lee?" donghyuck asked and then chuckled, booping mark's nose.

"actually i think i like you," he whispered. he knew mark couldn't hear him but he was talking more to himself anyways. "but shhh." he hummed and put his finger in front of his lips, almost as to silence mark who was still fast asleep.

when the older male woke up about an hour later, donghyuck was still laying next to him. just to make sure, he questioned and tested mark to see if maybe he had just pretended to be sleeping but mark seemed very innocent. donghyuck smiled, he was glad mark hadn't heard. if donghyuck was to ever confess whatever kind of feelings he had towards mark, it wouldn't be like that.

the next few weeks passed by within the blink of an eye. donghyuck now joined jaemin and mark on the usual, every friday and saturday. it was still not as much work as the other members did but donghyuck just couldn't do more as he also had his job as the ceo to deal with.

everyone around him seemed to notice that donghyuck got a bit more stressed overtime. so this was why one day johnny took him to the side.

"hey man, are you alright?" the older male asked.

"yeah, it's just a lot going on..." donghyuck trailed off and rubbed his temples, trying to get rid of the stress.

"i'm sorry. look it's fine if you take a step back! really!" johnny smiled and patted his back.

"thanks hyung." donghyuck mumbled and leaned into the man's side. johnny gave him a big hug which honestly donghyuck needed right now. he felt the other petting his hair so he slightly rubbed his cheek into johnny's chest causing the man to laugh.

"that tickled." johnny chuckled.

"oh, sorry." donghyuck said timidly. he separated from johnny and then went back to the others.

today was a big mission and lot of people, including johnny, were going. donghyuck wasn't and he felt a bit guilty but taeyong had calmed him down saying that donghyuck would be much of use when tired and stressed.

mark wasn't going either and speaking of the man, donghyuck could feel his stares on his back. he was curious as to why which he would later get an answer to.

for now he bid goodbye to the members, it was about sixteen of them going. they were apparently raiding a smaller mafia so that was why so many members were needed. only a few stayed behind, most of them either going down to the basement to practice or watching tv with jisung and chenle.

suddenly mark pulled him to the side and dragged him into their room. donghyuck was caught of guard so he just let mark guide him, being completely confused about what was happening and why it was happening.

"why did johnny hug you like that?" mark scowled.

"what do mean? he was just being nice!" donghyuck replied. he was angry. yeah, mark was allowed to get jealous, sure. but not at such trivial things and johnny hugging him and petting his hair. the older boy had always done this, it was a sign of affection.