chapter twenty nine

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𖣔༄The blissful life of Arabella Hastings

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𖣔༄
The blissful life of Arabella Hastings

Song for the chapter
Runaway by Aurora
_______•_______

Edward patted him on the back as he squeezed him in his arms amicably. Who could have ever discerned that they would become so intimate and brotherly? A union of such a quality couldnt be thought when considering how they had begun, and how it was that each was going his own way.

"Will you take care of my sister? Tell me you won't let her get into trouble in Queens"

"Please, our parenting skills are incorruptible," Edward added as he broke off, "Your sister and your home are in good hands."

"It's a good thing you're staying here until the wedding" commented Miller as he rocked back on his heels, hands deep in his pants pockets, "I'd hate for that house to be empty, least of all with all the ghosts of our mistakes"

Edward let out a hoarse laugh, "Now you're being dramatic. Come on, old sport, cheer up. You'll go to Boston again, surely you'll find something or..." he leaned close to his ear, "Someone, to amuse you."

Miller forced a smile, "Sure."

Edward took singular pity on him, noticing how his features were truly sunk in a sadness that was not foreign to him. He patted his back again, seeking to bring him the comfort that was adequate in a brotherly relationship that possesses genuine concern, but he keep in mind that that was not what he required to soften the pain of all those wounds that had impacted his skin and left their respective sentimental marks.

"You can always visit," he suggested in a slightly hopeful tone, "And maybe she'll change her mind."

Miller let out a muffled laugh, "She seems very determined."

Edward smiled broadly as he shook his head, "She's always been very determined, you knew that. Even more since she acquired that friendships with Anne, it's given her an adventurous spirit. Still, that was what attracted you the most about her."

Miller gave him a short look, "It hasn't stopped attracting me."

"It will pass, Miller," he added to appease all that pain clouding his rational sight, "And if it's not her, it will be another one. There's more than one love in life."

"But very few soul mates," he added, to which Edward could not refute, it was not something he would have wished either. He was an expert in knowing the feeling of having fallen fully under the spell of a Hastings.