chapter eleven

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𖣔༄my loving best friend_____•_____

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𖣔༄
my loving best friend
_____•_____

As soon as Bella heard the exasperating news, she became a sudden outburst of emotion. She didn't bother to look properly; she quickly wore a thick jacket to face the cold outside, a pair of linen gloves that didn't protect her much but gave some vanity to her hands, and a woolen hat over her platinum hair.

The speed with which she left Springfield without saying a word was certainly surprising as at certain moments the hat would fall on the soft snow due to the impact of the wind.

Finally, she arrived at that rustic little house slightly farther away from the rest. So much time had passed, but she could still remember it in detail with its little white-colored porch, the bare and helpless tree at the entrance, and that cute little chimney that was smoking once more after being plunged into the solitude of a lifeless house for almost a whole year. Bella took a short time to admire it from a distance, she wanted to remember only those good times she had been lucky enough to live in that place.

Immediately, she ran to the door and knocked effusively and impatiently several times, waiting for it's inhabitant to hurry and open it until he finally did.

"Gil" she exclaimed with excitement until she noticed that in her presence was not the well-known boy she loved so much, "Oh, you are not Gilbert"

"No, I'm not, and I'm very grateful for that every day" said the man with a touch of humor, he managed to bring a smile to Bella's face.

"Wow Bash, thanks for always leaving my name aloft" said the young man, patting the shoulder of the man Bella didn't know who he was.

Bella's cinnamon-brown eyes lit up with emotion and joy, relief and affection, calm and illusion the moment they landed on the young man with dark hair and eternally sparkly hazel eyes. Her heart exploded in a pleasant and sublime joy, which in turn radiated a calm through her atrophied nerves that had suffered enough in his absence. Her face had become bright, with its characteristic rosy hue giving an authentic touch to the happiness she experienced and in a way giving credibility to the emotions that flowed through her body.

"Bella?"

That sweet word, now uttered by the accented voice of a whole man, brought her out of her slumber and forced her to face reality.

"Gilbert!"

As soon as that effusive word left Bella's lips, with such emotion and such affection that in that time of separation they had had, Gilbert could only open both arms for her with a great smile that could not but acclaim the pleasure of the sight of her right in front of him. It was really her, flesh and bone. It was not a vision like those he had experienced on the ship due to the weariness and grief of leaving home behind. She was truly his dearest best friend. Bella dropped into his arms with a jump, and fortunately, Gilbert caught her in the air and wrapped her warmly in the same emotion she had shown. He couldn't help but close his eyelids tightly in an attempt to contain the emotions he too was experiencing within himself. He clung to her with the greatest desire to convey all the love missing from those long months and she offered him the same. It was the most emotional embrace he had ever experienced and having finished, it had still left a gaping hole between the two of them.