Justin

Swinging my legs back and forth, I waited for Justin to say anything. He wanted to talk to me but he hadn't said anything, so I was pretty bored. Plus, if we didn't get back soon we would be late. 'Justin? Is everything okay? We need to get back soon, so whatever you need to say, you need to say it now.'

Justin looked at me for a breif second before looking away. "I don't like you," he exclaimed bluntly. Well, that's rude.

'Why? All I've tried to do is be friends with you, isn't that the Hufflepuff spirit?'

"Yes and that's why I don't like you. You are a Hufflepuff but you act like a raven, a lion and a snake, why are you in Hufflepuff?"

'Well, while I do like learning, I am not wise and do a lot of stupid stuff, that is why I am not a Raven. I am not brave, I just have a very low sense of self preservation and that means I have little to be fearful of- which is not bravory and therefore I cannot be a lion. And then I can't be a snake because I have no ambition. I have nothing to aim for and therefore can't be a snake even though I am cunning. I am in Hufflepuff because I am loyal and kind and do not judge people on how they appear. Plus, I like being a Badger! People don't judge me when I am a Badger!'

Justin froze, looking at me as I smiled, kicking the desk ever so often as my legs passed under the sufrace.

"I don't get you," Justin stated, still going on the blunt line I see. "I don't understand you. And it annoys me! How can you claim to have gone through everything you have and act like- like- you?! With Roger it makes sense! He is fearful and quiet and has nightmares but you are happy and joyful and don't seem to have been effected in the slightest!"

I watched Justin with a confused expersion, he clearly knew about Roger's home life, maybe he worked it out when Roger had the nightmare but I didn't get what he was saying. I stopped swinging my legs and let them dangling under the table. 'I don't understand.'

"How can you act like that with everything you've claimed to go through?" Justin looked down on me as I chewed my lip, thinking back to that day yet again. I wonder if I could answer that.

'I act the way I do because of everything I've been through,' I tried to explain with a furrowed brow. 'When I was little I was like Roger, I was terrified of everything and would cry and have nightmares. But the difference between me and Roger is that if his family hurts him, he heals; I don't. I became like this so that if I can't die ever, I won't be in pain. I won't wait for death and wish for it, I can just be happy. That is why I am who I am. Does that make sense?'

"But you are so trusting? If you have gone through everything you claim, how can you trust anyone who you come across?"

'I guess that is because I was judged. My family hated me from the second I landed on their doorstep. They didn't bother to get to know me and just hurt me. I swore to myself that if I ever did get out of that house, I wouldn't be like them. I wouldn't judge and even if someone does hurt me, I would forgive them.'

"Why?"

'You won't like that answer.' I bit onto my lip as I looked at him through my eyelashes. Justin was clearly not going to let it go so I took a deep breath. 'Because it would be my fault. No matter what they do, I will be because of something I have done. Wether it be because of my immortality or how I act or something I said, it is always my fault. Cause I am a freak.' I wrote the last part smaller than the rest, looking down throughout all of it.

"Do you really believe that?"

I only nodded, not looking at Justin. I managed to ignore most of the stuff my so called realitives sprouted but that- and the no magic thing- always stayed at the forefront. I could hear the desk Justin was leaning on being pushed against the stone flooring. I could hear him walking towards me, almost fearfully, only to stop just within my eyeline. "You... you shouldn't think that."

Much to my surprise, he brought me into a hug, holding onto me tightly.

"It's not your fault... what happened was not your fault. Those poeple, it's their fault. I am sorry I was so mean to you after you told us."

I laughed loudly, hugging him back. 'I am glad you are talking to me again!'

When he pulled back, I heeved my legs up onto the desk and sat crossed legged. 'Why did you stop talking to me?'

Justin looked uncomfortable and sighed. "I guess... I had always heard these stories about you and about Dumbledore and I couldn't fit what you were saying into the stories. I am sorry."

'Don't apologise, it's fine. I was just wondering. We should get back though, don't want to get into trouble.' I hopped off and grabbed Justin, pulling him up and out.

We re-entered the Hufflepuff common room and saw Professor Sprout looking at us. "Where have you been? Your friends were found sneaking around after lights out and when we noticed you weren't here either, we were worried you had got lost. Or something could have taken you. What do you have to say for yourself."

'Sorry? We got destracted.'

Proffessor Sprout looked annoyed at my statement, rubbing her eyes before putting a kind smile on her face. "I am sorry to do this Harry, but in accordence with McGonagall's wishes, I am removing 50 points from Hufflepuff, each. And you'll have to attend detention with Hagrid. Now, off to your rooms and to bed."

Quickly dashing away, we ran upstairs. 'That could have gone worse.' I smiled at Roger, placing a calming hand on his forehead and watching him relax. I could feel Justin watching me as I magiced myself into my PJs and curled up with Roger.

"Night Sly."

'Night Justin. See you at detention.'