Ghost Train

Happily, I swung my legs back and forth. This train was taking forever to leave. I didn't understand why I had to ride it. I have been staying at Hogwarts for weeks now, why did I have to come here just to go back? It does not make sense.

I preferred the walls of white with the nice lady that helped me. She did something called a skin transplant to some of my rotted skin. She tried to pick off my fabric but I wouldn't let her. I liked my fabric patches, they were cool. I could change them to show anything I saw. I liked putting snakes on them.

I jumped when there was a knocking on the compartment door. Tilting my head, I motioned for the boy on the other side to come in. He had flaming red hair and lots of brown dots on his face. Looking around owlishly, I noticed that the train had started moving when I had been thinking. I'm on my way back to the castle!

"Do you mind? Nowhere else will let me in and I don't want to sit on my own," he said while awkwardly walking in.

I nodded and motioned to the seat opposite me. I pulled out my noted book, turning the first page. 'Hello there, my name is too hard to pronounce so most people call me Harry. I am mute so I use this book to talk. Any questions?'

Ron looked at the page in confusion before looking up at me. I bit my lip nervously, I never met another person my age other than Dudley, would he act like Dudley?

"One question," he started, looking over my shoulder. "Is that a snake?"

Smiling, I nodded furiously. I turned to another page in my book and took out a pen. 'Yes. She is a black python. She has been by my side ever since I was little.'

The boy nodded before his eyes widened. "Oh, I'm Ron by the way. Ron Weasley. Does your snake have a name?"

I nodded before furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. I knew how to write in snake tongue, Ama had taught me, but I'm not sure if anyone else knew how to read it. Dumbledore said not to speak parsel mouth, as he called it, so does that mean I can't write it either? Well, only one way to find out.

'Her name is Ama.' I let out a giggle when I noticed Ron's face scrunch up in confusion. Focusing carefully on the paper I tried to write the syllables. 'Pronounced A-tham-y with a roll on the 'th' sound.'

"Ammai?" Ron tried which caused me to laugh. It wasn't too far off and much closer than both Dumbledore and Pomphrey's attempts.

I was going to write down the improvement when the door swung open. "Anything from the trolley?" A kind looking woman opened the door, a trolley full of sweets and treats.

"No thank you. I'm set." Ron held out a wrapped sandwich of some kind but didn't look too happy about it.

I hopped up and walked to the trolley. Dumbledore had a particularly sweet tooth and after learning I had never gotten any kind of dessert before made it his personal goal to show me the best sweets and treats this magical world had to offer.

I gently picked up two pumpkin pasties, two chocolate frogs and a box of Bertie Botts every flavour Beans. I brought out some wizard money to pay. The lady had to help me as I didn't understand wizard money. I mean, I don't understand the concepts of any type of money but at least non wizard money has easier maths.

I smiled shyly before returning to the compartment. I gave Ron one of the pasties and one frog and placed the box between us, collapsing into the other seat and curling up comfortably.

I nibbled on the pasty, Ron talking loudly about something Pomphrey had mentioned, Quidditch I think. It sounds pretty interesting, you had different members on your team. You had two beaters who kept these enchanted balls away from the rest of the team, a keeper who protected the goal, three chasers who tried to score points and then the seeker who got a special ball that got more points and finished the game.

Ron stopped for a few seconds to recollect his thoughts. I let out a low snarl when I noticed the rat coming towards me. Ron didn't seem to notice my hostility to it as he picked it up and placed it in his lap. "Pathetic isn't it?"

'I do not like rats,' I wrote simply, glaring at the creature that sat in my friend's- wait was his my friends? Another time- lap.

"My brother taught me a spell to turn him yellow. Want to see?"

I nodded excitedly, Dumbledore had told me I was going to learn to control my powers and that the others will have ones similar to mine. This will be the first example I'll get to see.

"Sunshine, daisies-" before Ron could finish the spell the door slammed open.

A girl with wild bushy hair stood in the door frame. "Have either of you seen a toad? A boy named Neville has lost one." I shook my head as Ron shrugged his shoulders. "Oh, you're doing magic. Let's see."

I nodded incureningly to Ron who took a deep breath. "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow." Ron waved his wand and hit the edge of the pasty wrapper that the rat had been eating out of.

"You call that magic. Well it's not very good, now is it. I've tried a few simple spells myself. All have worked for me." The girl walked in a seat next to Ama who didn't even bother to open her eyes to look at the girl. "For example, Oculus Reparo."

A bright white shot out from the girl's wand and hit the glasses the Dumbledore gave me. Apparently my eyes were really bad but as I couldn't see out of one and spend most of my life in a dark cupboard, I never really noticed and I often broke the pair Dumbledore gave me as I would forget they were there a step on them.

Taking off my glasses, I noticed she had repaired them for me. I smiled before deciding to show them some of my power. I levitated the glasses in my hand before placing them back on my nose.

"How did you do that?" The girl asked me as I laughed and brought out my book.

'Ama taught me to use my powers so I-' I quickly stopped myself. Dumbledore told me not to tell anyone about my true childhood. I scribbled out the last two words and instead wrote 'for fun.'

The girl gave me a curt nod before looking between us. "Where are my manners. I'm Hermione Granger. You're Harry Potter and you are?"

Ron gave me a weird look. "Ron Weasley."

"Charmed. You should be getting changed. I suspect we'll be arriving soon." Hermione got up and went to the door but stopped short. "You have dirt on your nose. Did you know? Right there." Hermione rubbed the side of her nose as Ron copied her action.

Once she was gone Ron turned to me. "Why didn't you tell me you were Harry Potter?"

I giggled slightly, grabbing my book. 'I didn't think it mattered. No one I've met can say the name I grew up with.'

Ron gave me a confused look causing me to giggle.

'I grew up by the name Sly, sh-th-el-i, but no matter who I meet, they can't seem to pronounce it properly.'

"Sly," Ron repeated, causing me to freeze. Ron gave me a worried look, thinking he had pronounced it wrong but I quickly tackled him into a hug and squealed.

I grabbed my book and wrote with haste. 'You got it right! No one ever gets it right!'

Ron blushed as I hopped off the seat and grabbed my uniform. Getting changed before we got to the castle.