Epilogue~Home

Groaning, I rubbed his bandaged hand against my forehead. How was I in the hospital wing yet again!

"You know Sly, I think you've spent longer in the hospital wing than anywhere else in school. It's quite impressive." Looking to the side of me, I could Ama glaring at me with the most disappointed look a snake could muster. "I must say I am disappointed to say the least. You went on a life changing eventure without me!"

Blushing, I let out an awkward laugh. "I didn't expect it to be so bad!"

"Nevertheless, I am still disappointed in you. Not to mention the fact that at three in the morning yesterday, we hit me over the head with a large ruby! Couldn't you have sent it somewhere else!"

"If I had spent it on someone else then Dumbledore might have got it. He would destroy it if he knew people were after it!"

"Why does that matter to you? You're already immortal and rich, neither of the main functions of the stone would help you."

"But then I might not be alone for the rest of eternity. If the immortal ruby stays alive, I can have company in my infinity on this planet."

"Considering you spent the first 11 years of your life in a cupboard, I don't think you would mind."

"Mean. I want company!"

"Sly? Are you awake?" Poppy pulled back the privacy curtains around my bed.

'Morning Poppy! How is Ron and Roger? Did they get hurt? I know Hermione didn't but what about them?' I tilted my head worriedly as she smiled at me.

"They are fine, woke up yesterday and have been sent off to finish the year. They were all more worried about you," Poppy reported as she helped me sit up.

'That doesn't make sense, I can't die.'

"Using muggle methods. We do not yet know whether or not there is a spell that can do it and you shouldn't go trying to find one." Poppy brought me some food that I took with a giggle.

'Thank you Poppy!' She ruffled my head before putting a box of live mice in front of Ama and leaving.

I skipped down the corridor, jumping up to the main hall. While I had eaten already, I wanted to check on Ron and Hermione.

"Slykins!" I let out a yelp as I felt someone pick me up. "Has Ron told you the news yet?" One of the twins- Fred- spun me around as George watched. I let out a giggle but couldn't answer him.

'Nope, what's the news?' I tilted my head at the twins who's smirk only grew inside.

"We'll leave that up to Ronikins, come on!" They grabbed me and shoved open the door. They dragged me over to the Hufflepuff table where everyone was sitting and placed me down between Ron and Hermione.

"Sly! You're awake," almost everyone asked me at once.

"How are you feeling?" I was very glad for Roger's much quieter voice as I nodded.

'I'm fine. I'm a little achy but I'm fine. What's the news the twins keep talking about?'

"Hey! I was meant to tell him!" Ron grew red as he glared at his elder siblings.

"We didn't say anything," Fred stated, with a shrug.

"Only said that there was news," George clarified.

'Well, are one of you three going to tell me what is going on?'

"Yeah, what's happening?" Kevin leaned in as Ron smirked.

"So, ever since Christmas, I've been telling mum about you and I got the news when I woke up," Ron started, smiling way too brightly. "Sly... If you want, mum has offered to adopt you. The wards would be transferred over and you would be safe. It would mean you wouldn't have to go back to those awful people. You would become a Weasley like us."

I felt my heart running. I didn't have to go back. I launched at Ron, entrapping him in a tight hug, laughing. 'Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!'

"Well, that went well," Justin stated, with a pleased smile.

"Yeah. And to think Ron was worried Sly would reject him," Kevin added.

"Sly would never reject him. He was the first friend Sly made and the first to ever be able to pronounce his name. I think Sly would level a city if it made him happy," Roger analysed.

"Don't tell Malfoy that. We wouldn't want him getting any ideas."

Laughing, I was more than excited to go to my new home. I could barely sit still as we got in the train. Fred and George helped me out of the train, leading me up to a lady and man with matching ginger hair.

"Hello there Sly, my name is Molly. Welcome to the clan."

I'm home.

Fin