Classroom Problems

Waking up to a slap on my cheek, I smiled sweetly at Ama.

The snake hissed at me to get up before slithering off to do Quetzalcoatl knows what.

I hopped off the bed and grabbed my uniform, happily skipping into the bathroom. It was weird, to be allowed to be clean and have personal items but it was weirdest not seeing myself in the mirror. Oh well, it's better than the cupboard.

I washed up and put on my uniform, it was weird robes that hung loose around myself and it was itchy but Dumbledore said I had to wear them. Dumbledore says a lot of things.

Returning, I smiled at the other Hufflepuffs who were waking up. It seems Kevin was the only early riser, he was attempting to wake up Roger while Justin leaned over the edge of his bed.

I went to wake up Wayne, leaning close to his ear. I let Ama slide up my arm and lean in close as she started hissing. Wayne groaned and tried to move away from us. I smirked and leaned in closers, motioning for Ama to hiss louder. Taking out two of my fingers, I jabbed into his neck.

Wayne let out a scream, jumping away from me and collapsing on the floor. "Your snake bit me! Is it poisonous?! Am I going to die?!"

Ama and I burst out laughing- though my laugh was its usual hissing cackle rather than the laughs of a regular child. I brought my finger back to his neck and poked him, again.

"You're cruel."

Nodding my head, I jumped off the mattress and ran over to the door. I wrote down a small message before hopping out the room. 'I'm going to the common room.'

Collapsing on a sofa I waited for the rest to come. I didn't really need to wait since I knew my way but I enjoyed having other people around. Ama did too, even if she never admitted that.

"Alright badgers, I'll take you back to the main hall," the prefect claimed, waiting at the exit. "Don't want any of you getting lost, now do we?"

The others smiled and followed the perfect through the halls.

"Harry, don't go running ahead, we don't want you getting lost."

Giggling, I stopped and spun around. 'I won't get lost. Poppy used to take me walking through the halls, I know my way quite well.'

Before anyone could question what I wrote, I skipped off and into the great hall. I joined the few Hufflepuff who had arrived early.

A lot of Ravenclaws were also here and a few Slytherins but no Gryffindors. I wonder why there weren't any Gryffindors.

I happily grabbed a piece of toast with some butter and strawberry jam. Professor Sprout handed out our time tables which didn't quite understand. I never went to school so different lessons were strange. Ama would just choose something to teach me and we never had much structure to our lives.

We had charms first, then transfiguration, History of Magic and Herbology. I have no idea what any of those subjects are!

Kevin nudged my shoulder to get my attention. "We should be getting to Charms. Do you know the way?"

Nodding, I popped up and grabbed Kevin's and Justin's arms and dragged them away. Wayne laughed a little before following us. I have memorised all the paths and Poppy has shown me.

The charms classroom was simple with two separate sides, chairs were standing on the different levels making it possible to see from the back. A small man with pointed ears stood at the front, a happy energy surrounded him.

"Come in, come in. I am Professor Flitwick, welcome to charms. in your seats, now, let's get started."

The lesson was weird. Lots of reading. Not doing much other than being told what different words meant. Why did that matter?

By the time it was over, I was bored.

"That was so interesting. I never knew we had to learn so much latin for our magic to work," Wayne awed causing me to freeze.

"Oh, dear. Sly, stay calm, they are good remember," Ama whispered in my ear as I closed my eyes.

"Ama, you promise they're good," I asked fearfully, looking at the four yellow clothed children- magical children.

"I promise. You've seen how wrong your so-called family was about you. Why should they be right about magic? If it makes you feel better, you don't have to call it magic until you are comfortable."

"Thanks, Ama. What would I do without you?"

"Starve sounds about right."

I let out a laugh while scratching her chin. Ama was right about most things, why should she be wrong now? "Wait a wall picking minute, you were calling my ma- magic, powers so I would trust you. How Slytherin of you."

"I try."

"Sly? Is everything alright?" Spinning I saw a familiar redhead from the train.

Nodding my head, I brought him into a hug.

"I have to get to class but we can talk later," Ron said, patting my shoulder.

'Yeah, we can meet at lunch. I've got to go. Bye.' Turning around, I ran to catch up with my friends who were waiting.

"So, I am guessing that is Ron," Kevin observed, "Sly. That is what he said. Is that the name we were aiming for?"

Nodding excitedly I grabbed onto his hand and dragged him to our next class.

Transfiguration was with that nice lady who applauded me when I snuck out of Dumbledore's office because he kept trying to feed me lemon drops. She had nice biscuits.

Her lesson was also really boring because it was basically a safety lesson about not using transfiguration outside class or intervention.

We got a break after. It was pretty boring but we got to talk about our lives. I learnt Roger had a pet owl in the owlery so that was cool. He was slightly worried that Ama would eat his pet owl but I reassured him that she wouldn't.

Well I actually wrote, 'she won't eat your owl. She doesn't eat junk food.' His reaction was worth it though.

History of Magic was... boring. The ghost teaching us was dull and took forever to tell us anything. On the bright side, the textbook was interesting. I stopped listening to the tedious dead man and instead read through my book. Copying out some of the pages in snake script since I preferred that. It was more pleasing to the eye.

We then got to go to lunch. I couldn't wait to meet up with Ron again! He introduced me to his siblings, the twins, Fred and George, and Percy. I didn't like Percy, he was too strict. I liked the twins though and they were really fun.

Lastly, we got to Herbology. I noticed that our head of house was teaching us. She taught us about different plants, some of which I recognised from the common room.

It was fun. This school was fun. Weird, but fun.