Chapter 27- Back in the Big Easy

Elijah's Narrative~

Over the course of my long life, I have come to believe that we are bound to those with whom we share blood, and while we may not choose our family, that bond can be our greatest strength or our deepest regret.

This unfortunate truth has haunted me for as long as I can recall.

Third Peron POV~

Mississippi River, 300 years ago:

"What do you make of that?" one of the colonizers asked the other. "Floated in out of nowhere. No banner, no flag. A miracle ship." he replied.

"Why is it just sitting out there?" the first man asked again, making the second smirk, "I suppose we are to find out."

------------------------------------------------------------

As five men boarded the ship, and went down into the hold, they found no one.

"Where in the hell is everyone?" one of them asks as they look around. "Deserted. Which makes everything in the hold legally forfeit. Take what suits you." another answered as they walked deeper into the dark space.

"What do you make of that?" one asks as they spot black coffins with gold Mikaelson emblems on them. "Open it up." the leader ordered, and when they did the men stumbled back as they saw a grey and veiny Kol Mikaelson with a dagger in his chest.

Suddenly, two of their people were taken out of nowhere. And then another, and another, two of them ran back up and then there was only one man left.

"Hello. Mm. Lovely to see such a handsome face after a long journey. Can I eat him, brother?" Rebekah asks as she wipes a little bit of blood off her mouth with a handkerchief.

"I'd rather you didn't." Elijah answered, making the man turn quickly. "There's no need to be afraid. You'll do exactly as I say. You'll remember nothing." Elijah says as he compels the man.

"We've had a very long journey, wherein which, unfortunately. We lost all of our crew. Therefore. I will ask you to kindly transport our belongings to the shore."

"What kind of hell demons are you?" the man asks in horror as he looks at two of the four undaggered siblings. "We're vampires, darling. The Original vampires." Rebekah starts, and she tilts her head as she speaks.

"Rebekah, Elijah. Our brothers Kol and Finn- may they rest in peace-"

"Are we saving the best for last?" she hears the twins say from at the top of the stairs.

"And our half brother and sister, Niklaus and Khione. Ignore them, they're beasts, and my sister is a bitch." this made Klaus laugh, and Aleksian smirk as they dropped the bodies of the men they had drained.

"We fled Europe and survived the seas." Aleksian tells the man as she wipes her mouth with a handkerchief. "Would you prefer we arrive hungry on the shores of our new homeland?" Klaus asks as he fixes her sleeve.

"Niklaus, your manners are as always without equal. Sir, would you be so good as to tell us where it is that we have landed?" Elijah asks the frightened man.