ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ: ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇
𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝗼𝐳𝐞

𝙰 𝚃𝙼𝙽𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼
𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌
࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇
↠𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝟸/𝟸 ↞

****

2  ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ Sʜʀᴇᴅᴅᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Sᴀᴄᴋs ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛs

It was normal.

She was normal.

Just normal.

Everything is a blur.

The screams echoed in her head and the evil laughter is permanent in her memories forever.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't escape those horrid noises.

She heard her heart stop beating and then reboot quickly to become something she's not. Her body was forced to change and she didn't have a choice.

She's woken up as a misunderstood creature.

There's no self-control, no remorse, no sympathy.

Her anger powers through the roof, making that man smile for creating a successful human hybrid. He was thrilled to have kidnapped many innocent people and experiment on them until he found the correct subject.

The feeling of being robbed of your memories, of who you are... Someone had to have been a real monster to steal something so precious.

And she wanted to kill him.

Then the Foot invaded her new home, taking her and the four brothers she cares about.

She could feel her blood draining from her body, slipping away by the second. Then, she is falling to the earth with the armored villain who made this all possible.

Her body tingled, sending a wave of fear through her spine. She shouldn't help but react to burst out of the nightmare.

"AH!!" Osa yelped, shooting straight up from her beanbag and feeling her heart race. Sweat poured down her face and soaked her hairline, making her feel clammy. The shifter sighed in relief. "It's just a dream..." She looks at the digital clock by her little nest.

- 𝟸:𝟷𝟹𝙰𝙼 -

The shapeshifter licks her dry lips and looks at Donnie in his bed. He's still asleep and so are the other brothers and Splinter. Her breath shuddered as she gripped the blanket in her hands, biting her bottom lip and relaxing her tense shoulders.

It's so hard to sleep these days...

Osa got up from the beanbag and feels the chilly new lair surround her. The pipes dripped water, the wind howled lightly into the sewers, and the water slide mimicked a waterfall. She gulped, walking up to Donnie's bed and climbing in so she could sleep against the wall.

For some reason, she felt safer with him. Not just because he took her under his wing, but because he gave off a wonderful presence.

His mask and glasses are off, as well as his tech gear and goggles. He snored lightly, resting his head on one of his firm pillows. A light sheet covered his torso and legs, keeping him in tune with his sleep.

Osa carefully let herself in, not waking him.

When she laid in the bed, snuggling to one of his pillows, she was able to see Donnie's soft and peaceful face. She thought of him as a settling being, someone who is so calm and well.

They're both facing each other now, resting easy in the darkness.

****

Happy EARLY Halloween 🎃 from Grizzy! (2020)

My costume this year (2022) will be 1980 Donatello!