37

We finished eating and piled back into the limo. I held Noah's hand as we rode. Bryce's speech had got me thinking, and I think that Addison could tell.
"You okay over there?" she whispered.
I shrugged. "Your boyfriend got me thinking. We've got three days of school left, and then four days later, we graduate. There is no after that. We'll just be done."
She squeezed the hand that wasn't in Noah's. "You know that the friendship in this limo is forever. You've got nothing to worry about."
I shrugged again. "I'm not so sure. We're literally going all over the country. You're going to LSU. Dixie's going to Bama. Griffin is going to ISU. Bryce plans on moving to LA. Blake wants to go back to Texas. Amelie's going to Georgetown. Avani and Anthony are talking about the Midwest. Noah and I are both going to UP. Cynthia is-"
Addison cut me off. "Tonight is supposed to be fun. Stop spending it worried about what everyone will be doing months from now. Turn that frown upside down, because we're about to have the time of our lives, okay?"

I nodded as we pulled in front of the same hotel that they had hosted homecoming in. I looked at Noah nervously as the limo driver shifted into park. "Do you remember what happened the last time we were here?"
"Hey, that was a different time. We are solid right now. There's nothing to worry about," Noah whispered in my ear. His breath tickled, and somehow, it calmed me down.
The other couples got out ahead of us, and Noah looked back at me before he climbed out. He turned, extending his hand to help me out. "I love you, Gracie."
"I love you, too," I replied, taking his hand.

When we got inside, I looked around in awe. They had really outdone themselves with the decorations, and everyone that we passed looked amazing.
"Dance with me?" Noah asked, snapping me back to reality.
"Of course," I whispered to him. I let him lead me to the dance floor. We danced to what felt like a dozen songs before a slow song came on. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and I looked around the room at our friends as we danced.

Bryce and Addison were smiling at each other, and Bryce moved his hand from her waist to brush a stray strand of hair out of her face. They had been together throughout our time in high school, and as much as they broke up and got back together, I knew how happy they made each other. That was all that I really wanted for my best friend.
Griffin spun Dixie around before taking her back in his arms. They had had a rough year, but, deep down, I knew just how much Griffin loved her. It was going to be hard for them to be so far apart next year, but I thought they could make it work.
Amelie and Blake were cuddled close together. That first day of school, Blake had told me that he had wanted to make it official with her soon, and he did exactly that. He was so in love with her, and, based on the way she looked at him, she felt the same way.
Mads was laughing at something that Jaden was saying. They were always the funniest people in the group. I was going to miss them when we all went our separate ways, but Addison was right: our friendship was forever.
Nessa had her hand on the side of Josh's face, caressing his cheek. He looked at her like she was the only girl in the room. They weren't a perfect couple by any means, but the way they loved each other made up for it.
Anthony and Avani were swaying slowly, deep in conversation. There was never a dull moment with them. Their company made the bad days better, and I could only imagine how they lifted each other.
Cynthia was making funny faces at Quinton, and he was trying desperately not to laugh. I couldn't hear what he was saying from across the room, but he was always the first person to hype her up, so I figured that probably had something to do with it.

"What are you looking at?" Noah asked, following my gaze as we danced.
I shrugged. "Our friends. They've been this rock for me for so long, and I never stop to think about where I might be without them."
Noah kissed me gently. "You don't have to think about that, babe. Every single one of them is always going to be there for you. You know that, right?"
"I know, but-"
"No This is your family. You can't get rid of them that easily."

The song ended, and Noah and I headed towards the refreshments table. I grabbed a cup of punch, sipping it slowly. Addison and Bryce came up next to us, and Addison hugged me.
"I saw you getting sentimental during that last song," she whispered. "Everything okay?"
"Damn you, Addi. There is no way that my emotions are all over my face that often," I said, pulling out of her hug.
"Oh, but they were this time for sure," Bryce added in, wrapping an arm around Addison's waist. "Addi said 'look at Grace,' and I turn to look at you, and you look like you're about to burst into tears."

I felt my face flush. "Don't bully me, you guys," I said, faking a pout.
Noah wrapped an arm around me, kissing the top of my head. "It's okay, love. You've got a lot of emotions, and we all get it," he said, laughing.
I checked the time on my phone. "I'm ready to get out of this damn dress and get a drink."
"Forty-five minutes and you can have all the liquor you want, Grace," Bryce said.
"Don't tell her that if you're not babysitting drunk Grace. She's mean and kind of pushy," Noah joked.
"Um, I'm right here," I laughed. I leaned up to whisper in Noah's ear. "I'm giving my consent now while I'm sober. I won't be changing my mind."
I winked, heading back to the dance floor, leaving Noah standing stunned.