1. faith, part 1

- ☽ i ༓ i ☾ -

Once upon a time in New York City, there lived a community of fairy tale characters known as Fabletown

Once upon a time in New York City, there lived a community of fairy tale characters known as Fabletown. The Fables who live there arrived hundreds of years ago, after they were exiled from their Homelands.

Through the use of a magic spell called Glamour, they have protected their secret community from the mundane world.

Sheriff Bigby Wolf and Deputy Stella Miller protect them from each other.

- ☽ ♡ ༓ ♡ ☾ -

    A MAN DISCUSSES THE WEATHER alongside shots of New York and Fabletown that are shown, "...105 today again if you missed it, a record for the date: hottest ever in June. Uh, 103 now and that humidity looks low, but remember, the hotter the air is, the more moisture it can hold." The radio crackles. "So 103 with 31% humidity is a lot more humid than say, 73 with 31% humidity, and it is muggy out there." The radio cuts out.

  Deputy Stella Miller is seen in the backseat of a taxi, being driven to a building.

  Stella steps out of the vehicle, hearing her partner and Toad argueing inside. Stella rolls her eyes, stepping up the stairs and heading in. Once she enters, she spots Bigby and Toad standing by the staircase.

  Bigby looks back and gives her a curt nod. "Mr. Toad..." Stella figures he must've arrived just before her.

  "Shit... Bigby!" He nervously laughs. "Listen, mate I-I know I don't look human. It's a problem, I get it, I just stepped outside the apartment for just a second to see what kind of damage this drunk shit is doing." Stella crosses her arms, raising an eyebrow at him. "Just cut me a break, yeah? I'll get me glamour first thing in the morning. Cross my heart. No need to kick up a fuss."

  "We're looking at a 3 foot toad. In a sweater... That's a problem." Stella responds, not satisfied with Toads half-assed excuse.

  Bigby sighs, tapping the ash of the end of his cigarette, "If you can't afford to look human, you're going to The Farm. It's as simple as that."

  "You can't send me up to live with those animals..." Toad scoffs, a shocked look on his face. Bigby and Stella smirk at him, highlighting the irony in that statement. Toad glares at the two of them, scowling. "You know what I mean."

  "Go see a witch. Get a glamour." Bigby states, having Stella nod in agreement.

  "Stella, Bigby, they're bleedin' me dry, mate." Toad whines, throwing his hands out in exasperation. Stella sighs quietly, rubbing her jaw tiredly. "The quality of the spell goes down, but the rates keep climbing up. Do you have any idea how much it costs to have an entire family in glamour?"