4. in sheeps clothing, part 1

- ☽ xvi ༓ xvi ☾ -

    BIGBY OPENS HIS EYES as the thunder rolled

    BIGBY OPENS HIS EYES as the thunder rolled. He leans forward in his chair when he hears metal scraping across stone. He looks around to see that he is in his apartment. He looks to his right to see a trail of blood coming from around the corner. He follows the trail as it leads to the front of his chair. He looks in front of him, in fear, to see Bloody Mary standing there, the axe in her hand. She raises it and said three words before she brought the axe to his head.

  Mary smirks, "See you around."

- ☽ ♡ ༓ ♡ ☾ -

  Bigby wakes up from the dream as he realized that he was indeed in his apartment but Adora, Snow, Swineheart, and Colin were there in the room with him. Swineheart was performing surgery on Bigby as he was digging all of the silver shards out of his body with his surgical tools.

  "Hollow-point bullets are a nasty business. The silver slug deformed and shredded on impact." Swineheart informed Adora and Snow, one of whom was pacing, and the other nervously biting her nails.

  "He'll be okay, though?" Snow asked as Adora, covered in Bigby's blood, sitting in the dining chair, biting her thumbnail. Bigby gazed at her through hooded eyes worriedly, grimacing.

  "Hmm?" Swineheart said as he concentrates on the task at hand, eyes narrowing at the injury.

  "He'll be okay?" Snow asked again, biting her nail and Colin walks to his spot next to the TV.

  "His internal organs are positively riddled. If I don't extract every single scrap of silver... he's liable to suffer some long term toxicosis." Swineheart informed.

  Adora bites her lip at this and looks down. Snow pats her shoulder just as she heard Bigby groan and he began to move.

  Adora gasped as Swineheart glanced up at Bigby. "Easy there. Try not to move." Swineheart instructed. Bigby tried to say something but only a garbled sound came out of his mouth. He turns his head and spits out blood on the floor.

  "Oh, Bigby..." Adora gasped as she stands up and walks to the front of his chair. Bigby looks down at his left arm, which was saved by Adora. He looks at her for a minute, the worried look on her face was enough to make a pit form in his stomach before he nodded a thanks that she reciprocated.

  "We can't keep meeting like this, old boy...." Swineheart teased. "I figure I'd be done with you before you were conscious. But there's little I can do for the pain."