3. a crooked mile, part 2

- ☽ xi ༓ xi ☾ -

    BUFKIN WAS PICKING UP THE broken pieces off of the floor and began to put the Magic Mirror back together

  Snow, now in her normal blue skirt, snowflake dress shirt, and tan suit jacket, was standing by, watching him.

  While Stella, in her jeans, light grey tank top, and Vans, was sitting on the edge of Crane's old desk, holding an ice pack to the back of her head, looking down at her feet. Bigby was leaning at the other end of the desk, shirtless, as he was getting patched up by Swinehart.

  He looks over at Bufkin and the broken mirror for a moment then his gaze turns to Stella, worrying about the head injury she suffered.

  "I did as well as I could to take out the buckshot, but there's still some shards embedded in your shoulder. They'll eventually worm their way out on their own but... until they do, you're gonna be sore." Swinehart informed him as he finished patching Bigby up.

  "Guys, Doctor Swinehart was appointed Fabletown physician for a reason." Snow said as she walks up to the pair and Swinehart.

  "It's okay, there's only one thing to take away from all this: take it easy," Swinehart said as he looks between Stella and Bigby.

  "Both of you." Bigby stands up straight and stretches his arms while Stella sets the ice pack down on the desk and slowly jumped off the desk. Snow stood by Stella's side, in case she fell over and blacked out.

  "Don't go looking for any more fights. Keep strain off your heart, Bigby." Swinehart instructed.

  "How's everyone else? They all make it?" Bigby asked him.

  "They're fine. I had everyone that got wounded sent home. Holly refused to let me see where she lived, so I left her and Grendel back at her bar with a dose of juniper and spring water." Swinehart replied, but Bigby still had a worried look on his face. "They're Titans, Bigby. They'll be fine." Swinehart said, with no worry in his voice. "Just remember what I said. The stitches won't hold up if you continue to act... like you normally do." Then Swineheart looks over at Stella. "You also need to be careful, Miss Miller. If anything you'll just have a pounding headache... but at worst you could blackout." Swinehart picks up his medical bag and starts to walk out. "Everything in moderation. And, uh, eat more chicken, Bigby." He said.

  "Look, Bigby and I are not the ones that create the situation... we're the ones that have to deal with them," Stella said to the doctor. Swinehart just grumbles at your statement as the phone rings.