2. smoke & mirrors, part 5

- ☽ ix ༓ ix ☾ -

    BIGBY PULLS OUT A CIGARETTE and light it as he walks into the lobby of the hotel

    BIGBY PULLS OUT A CIGARETTE and light it as he walks into the lobby of the hotel. He looks around and the place looked dirty and gross, heck it almost looked abandoned. To the side, there was a phone hanging on the wall, a bunch of missing people posters, and a soda machine. Bigby glances at the soda machine and scoffed at it.

  This shit will kill ya. He thought as he smokes his cigarette. He looks at the front desk which had a sign that said Please Ring Bell. He walks up to the desk and rings the bell.

  Behind the desk, he hears a door open and then footsteps since there was a gate covering most of the desk so he couldn't inside. "Want it by the hour or for the whole night?" A familiar female voice asked as she leans over the desk then she gasped.

  "Beauty," Bigby said, shocked.

  Beauty pushes the gate up where he could see her and she said. "I work here, okay? I work the front desk. It's to help pay rent. So now you know. I know I should've told somebody... But Beast would lose his mind if you knew. Beast is a proud man, Bigby. He wants to do right by me, and he... he just couldn't handle it if he knew I had to do this so we don't get evicted."

  "Well... your secret's safe with me, alright? Let's not make a big thing of it." Bigby said.

  "Thanks, Bigby. And thanks for covering for me last time, too." She said. "So... what are you doing here?" Bigby pulls out the key from his pocket and shows it to her.

  "Oh... you have a key." She said, shocked. "Someone else was murdered last night," Bigby replied.

  "I heard." Beauty said, frowning.

  "The victim was someone who worked at the Pudding and Pie, Lily. She ever come around here?" Bigby asked her.

  "Oh! Oh, yes... the, uh, the troll. I did see her. I mean, you know, we never really spoke, but... she came off a tad intimidating." Beauty replied.

  "Ever see Lily with someone here? Maybe on a job?" He asked her.

  "Sometimes, but nobody I've recognized. I haven't worked here that long, though." Beauty replied.

  "How about a room register? Or someone named Mr. Smith?"

  "That's all we get are Smith's, Jones's or Johnson's. I think the last ones are jokes." Beauty said, in disgust.