4. in sheeps clothing, part 3

- ☽ xviii ༓ xviii ☾ -

    ADORA AND BIGBY CLIMB OUT of the cab and look up at the neon sign over the building

    ADORA AND BIGBY CLIMB OUT of the cab and look up at the neon sign over the building. The two of them walk in the pawn shop as they hear an argument going on.

  "It's dirty."

  "No, it's not."

  Adora and Bigby look over and see Toad arguing with Jack as he tries to hand in a familiar coat.

  "It looks like you slept in it. In a pile of garbage." Jack said as he looks at the cloak.

  "Jack, why are you – I've seen you take a torn purse for a tenner!" Toad shouted.

  "Yeah, but I also got her phone number. I don't want your phone number." Jack said then he looks over to see Adora walking towards him.

  "Really?" He said, exasperated, "What?" Toad asked and he turns around to see Adora and Bigby as well.

  "This is a surprise." Toad said, annoyed.

  "We're just here for information. It's about the murders." Bigby replied.

  "That'll take two minutes and I'll be out your way." Toad said.

  "I'm not taking the coat," Jack said again.

  "But it's magic." Toad said as he turns to face Jack.

  "So," Jack said, shrugging.

  "And it'd be covering a check I already wrote." Toad explained to Jack.

  "Okay, well... that sounds like your problem to me," Jack smirks at Toad.

  "Yeah, it is! And so I came here to sell it off!" Toad shouts at him.

  "Hey, wait a minute... that Faith's coat!" Adora exclaimed as she got a second look at the coat.

  "It was Faith's coat." Toad corrected. "Look, you left it in my place, what'd you expect me to do?"

  "Yes, I think the oft-cited statute of finders keepers clearly states that it's his now, Adora," Jack said with a smirk as she glared back at him. "So what's it gonna be?" Toad asked Jack.

  "I don't know what to tell ya. See if Cindy needs a coat, I don't know." Jack said and Toad let's put a frustrated sigh. He turns to Adora and Bigby. "This is to pay for those bloody glamours, you know. You and your blinkered rules. If the witches didn't charge so fuckin' much... I wouldn't have to be in here, dealing with this nonsense."