3. a crooked mile, part 3

- ☽ xii ༓ xii ☾ -

    STELLA WALKS INTO THE OFFICE and saw a tall man in an orange jumpsuit and a frog hat, his red hair sticking out of, sweeping the floor

  "Excuse me," Stella says politely as she walks up to him, hands clasped behind her back.

  The man jumps and turns to face Stella. "Oh, hi. Deputy Adora!" He greets with a smile, hair bobbing as he bounces nervously. "Great – Great to see you. I don't know if you remember me... I've, uh, seen you around, but you may have forgotten–"

  "I know who you are, Flycatcher." Stella smiles warmly, leaning towards him in a friendly manner, a small grin on his face. "You've worked at the Woodlands for... how many years now?" She asks, tapping her chin.

  "Heh. I think I've lost count." Flycatcher chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck bashfully. "But you know Crane... uh, let me go... recently."

  "Really?" Stella asks, shocked, her eyebrows raised as her eyes widen at the news.

  "Yeah, I mean, it's no big deal..." He shrugs it off, and Stella purses her lips sadly. "So... what brings you here? I mean can I help you with anything? Are you here to see one of the brothers?" Flycatcher asked her.

  "I was hoping to talk with Dee or Dum," Stella replies, holding her hand out to gesture. "Do you know where they are?"

  "No... they don't really keep regular hours as far as I can tell. Sorry." He shakes his head, sighing. "It's been a quiet night so far. I think the twins are out... Probably working on a case. Sometimes I don't see them for days." He replied. "They have me the job after Crane told me to get lost. He said I was just in the way."

  "Why don't you take the night off?" Stella asks him, raising a curious brow as she watched him fidget nervously.

  "That's nice of you, but... I can't. I still have to clean their office. I can let you in if you want. You can wait for them there..." Flycatcher said as he points to the door on the left, behind him.

  She furrowed her brows, but sighed, nodding softly. "Sure. Thanks." Stella smiled as she followed him.

  "No problem." He said as he opens the door.

  The two walk in and noticed that the office was kinda weird looking. On the left side of the office was tan-colored and very messing looking while the right side is gray and looked really clean and organized and two desks pushed against each other in the middle.