1. faith, part 3

- ☽ iii ༓ iii ☾ -

    BIGBY, STELLA, AND SNOW walk toward Toad's apartment

    BIGBY, STELLA, AND SNOW walk toward Toad's apartment. "And we ended up going out the window and I landed on Toad's car." Bigby tells Snow, recalling what happened last night.

  Snow looks between the two next to her and the car, "You guys made a real mess." She sighs, cringing at the sight of the car.

  "Yeah... it looks worse in the day." Bigby chuckles, shaking his head.

  Snow looks up to see someone in the apartment you guys were in last night, "Is somebody up there?" A figure is seen through the hole in the wall.

  Bigby glares at it. "Hey—!" The person runs away in a panic. Bigby signals for Snow to stay on the ground floor while him and Stella run up to investigate. "Wait here." Bigby says quickly as he runs into the building with Stella right on his heels and enters the Woodsman's apartment, finding it empty.

  Stella groans. "Shit."

  Bigby walks up to the hole in the wall, and Snow looks up at him expectantly. Bigby shakes his head. Snow walks into the building.

  "I'm sorry!" A high-pitched voice calls.

  "That's enough, alright! Just shut it!" Toad yells at somebody, scolding them.

  Bigby and Stella head downstairs, where Snow is standing in front of the door to Toad's apartment. They walk over to her.

  "I don't think anybody's here..." Snow frowns at Stella and Bigby, sighing in disappointment.

  Bigby nods, visibly irritated, "If we came all this way for nothing..." Snow and Bigby walk into the building. They hear sobbing down the hall.

  Toad reassures his son, "Alright, son, alright, he's gone, he's left, it's over now..." He says gently, rubbing his back.

  The trio walk over to the door to Toad's apartment. Toad's son is still sobbing. Snow looks over at Stella and Bigby, "Is that his son?"

  "Toad's?" Stella asks, making Snow nod. "I think." She shrugs, returning her gaze ahead of her.

  Bigby takes a step toward the door, but Snow puts a hand on his chest to stop him, "Be nice in there, okay?" She says sternly.

  Bigby sighs, nodding and calls out, "Hey, Toad? You in there?" Bigby reaches toward the handle, but the door swings open.