3. a crooked mile, part 5

- ☽ xiv ༓ xiv ☾ -

    "BIGBY!" Stella shouts as she and Snow catch up with him as they enter the apartment building

    "BIGBY!" Stella shouts as she and Snow catch up with him as they enter the apartment building. Bigby stopped and turned to face the two of them.

  "We just got here." Snow said to him.

  "Yeah, me too. It's number 23. I haven't seen it yet." Bigby replied, storming through the hall.

  "We're late." Snow said.

  "Yeah, I know," Bigby replied and all three of them walk up to the door that had the number 23 on it.

  "This is it." He said as the three of them stand in front of it the door. "Alright. How do you want to do this?" Snow asks Adora and Bigby.

  Bigby puts an ear to the door to listen for anything. "Hear anything?" Adora asks him.

  "If anyone's in there, they're being awfully quiet..." He replied then he goes to knock on the door.

  Seconds later, the door opens to reveal a little girl in a yellow dress and her black hair in pigtails. "Hello?" She answered, groggily.

  Stella, Snow, and Bigby look at each other before facing the little girl.

  "Hi..." Snow greeted.

  "You woke me up." The girl said tiredly.

  "Uh, sorry about that," Stella says to her, rubbing the back of her neck with a sheepish smile.

  "Is something wrong?" The girl asked as she rubs her eyes, looking up at the three Fables.

  "Who are you?" Bigby asked the girl.

  The girl opens the door a little wider. "Rachel. Who are you?" She smiles curiously, raising an eyebrow.

  "Well, I'm the Sheriff. And these two are my partners." Bigby replied, gesturing to Stella and Snow.

  "Uh, I'm the boss." Snow says, annoyed. Stella rolled her eyes before smiling and curtly waving to the little girl.

  "Pleased to meet you. How do you do? Is there... Is there anything you need?" Rachel asked, hands clasped behind her back as she cutely bounced on the balls of her feet.

  "Is Aunty Greenleaf at home? Does she live here?" Stella asked her, placing a hand on her hip.

  "You mean my mom?" Rachel said.