2

Kate's POV
I was scrolling through TikTok and debating on if I should take a shower. I scrolled past a cooking video and was met with a half naked boy grinding against his phone. Screaming in horror I quickly scrolled. Kylie, my younger sister, came running to make sure I was alright. After assuring her that I was fine other than the fact my gay eyes were scarred she left. The video after the half naked boy was playing in a loop as I talked to Kylie. When I finally looked down I was greeted by a beautiful brown haired girl. Her hair was long but partially covered because she was wearing a black beanie. I went to her page and followed her instantly. Every time I scrolled to a new video I was once again stunned by her beauty. The urge to dm her got stronger with each passing video. Finally I got the balls to text her.

Kate- Hey😊 I saw your page and wanted to tell you that you are gorgeous

A notification came up that Meaghan had followed me back but I could barely think about that. As soon as I sent the dm all of my confidence left and the overthinking began. Fuck what if she's straight? Well girls give other girls compliments all the time I reasoned with myself. Still she probably thinks I'm weird. A small ding shook me out of my thoughts.

Meg- Hewwo😊 Thank you and I are was gonna say the same about you

My nerves slowly faded and a small smile appeared on my face as I read the message. Fuck it she seems nice what's the worst that could happen.

Kate- well wanna be friends?

Shortly after I send my text Meaghan replied.

Meg- Direct much😂 I would be honored

I slightly laughed at my phone and asked for her snap. All she sent was her snap, well no shit that's what you asked for. Then why am I disappointed I asked myself. As I was adding her on snap my door was rudely shoved open. Kylie came in with a wide smile and shouted, "I JUST CAUGHT 15 GRAPES IN MY MOUTH!! ALL IN A ROW TOO!!"
I laughed at her childishness and congratulated her. Her happy face quickly turned to suspicion as she's saw my eyes linger on my black phone screen. "Ooooo whose the lucky girl" Kylie teased
"Who said anything about a girl?" I answered innocently. Kylie's arms spread and she cleared her throat as she prepared for her speech. "Well you always give me all your attention unless you are on TikTok. Which is not the case as your screen is black and you've looked at your phone at least 5 times since I came in here. So let me ask again who is the lucky lady"
I laughed out of astonishment, I had no idea that she knew me that well. "She's just someone I met on TikTok we've only had one conversation and she is probably straight." I answered
Kylie pouted, "Well she must be very nice and pretty for you to not pay attention to me" I laughed again. As I thought more about Meaghan I got more and more anxious because she hadn't snapped me. Maybe I scared her off. Or maybe she is waiting for you to snap her. I chose the latter and sent her a goofy picture of myself with a caption saying hi. A loud cough broke me out of my own little world I looked up and was met with a playful glare from Kylie. Shit I forgot she was still in the room. "You are totally simping" Kylie said. Before I could respond she spun around and walked out of the room leaving the door wide open. After calling her name a few times I sighed in defeat and slowly got up to shut the door. Laying back down I continued to scroll through TikTok. After waiting a few minutes to see if Meaghan would respond I started thinking about the worst situations. I probably was too forward or she was just being nice. Why do I care so much? I just met her. Drowning in my own thoughts was killing me so I decided to finally shower. I took a quick shower and after getting out decided that there was only one thing to do until Meaghan replied. Annoy Kylie.