Tiffany

"Damn it! I'm late." Tiffany rushes to get her and Dionne ready to go. On her way out the door her phone rang. It was only DeLow, so she red buttoned him and continued out the door. With Dionne on her hip she turned, locked her door behind her and headed to her "09" Lexus RX 350. Dionne's daycare, " The Kids Den" was only a block away but her job was nearly an hour away. "Hey Mrs. Jeffrey, I'm running late. I'll be here to pick her up on time though I promise." Tiff said on her way out the door of the daycare. Headed down I-94 , radio blasting and her hair blowing in the wind, Tiffany was doing about 90 and she was legal though so no worries. License and full coverage insurance. DeLow made sure she was legit since he knew he was unable to get his shit together. He made sure she was always clear and legal. Tiffany turned her radio on low because she was focused until her phone rang! "Press 0 to accept this call." Was all she heard when she answered. "Hey babe. I called you earlier. What's up?" DeLow was disturbed. "Yeah I know. I was on my way out the door. Running late to work again. I'm on the highway now. How is everything in there?" "Everything good. You know niggas be trying me but I ain't no slouch! I have been in 2 fights in the last 2 months. These niggas soft for real though. How is my lil girl doing? I miss y'all so much!" "We miss you too D. Dionne is good. Still giving me a hard time at night though. You know you been gone 8 months and I swear for 8 months I been up every night with your baby girl. I sho wish yo ass was here to keep her. She driving me nuts. I'm team no sleep around this motherfucka!" Tiffany chuckled but was so serious. "Ahhhh! That's what yo ass get. You should have came up here with my baby girl last week like you was supposed to!" "You act like I don't have a job too. Damn D, I told you we be up there this week don't start." "Bitch, don't start what? You always making promises and don't come through. You know what, Fuck You! Just bring my daughter up here Friday!" "You always go there. I'm at work Dion. I'll talk to you later. I love you." Tiffany said with an attitude. "Yeah whatever Tiff. Love you too. Answer the phone next time I call you or I'm going to kick your ass and stop calling me that shit!" DeLow hated when she called him by his government. "Ok Dion. I'll answer for you bookie." She laughed and banged on him. She hurried up and clocked in and began working. Tiffany was a telephone sales reps for one of the local cable companies. Her cubicle was filled with pictures of her Dionne and DeLow. A few pictures of her and Ny. She had fresh flowers delivered every week to bring a little color to that dull grey color that everyone's cubicle was drowned in. Although she hated that job, it paid decent and it got her out the house. Since DeLow went to jail being in the house drives her crazy. She tries to stay away as much as possible. Going to the movies, walks in the park and she has even gone so far as to apply for a second job. DeLow would be livid if he found out about that. He didn't approve of the job she has now, so a second job would be completely out of the question. She definitely had the means to not have to work again.
     It's nearing 5pm and Tiffany's phone hasn't rang not one time. That's unusual for her. Usually DeLow, hell even Ny would've called by now. "Guess nobody loves me today." She said to herself as she clocked out. "I'll love you right if you give me the chance." A man's voice said, creeping up behind her.