Daryl Dixon → Loner

Word Count: 1279

Warnings: oh heck nah !

Prompt: loner: a person who prefers not to associate with others.

→↑←↓

You stood by Rick's side as he watched for any walkers, you had met his group about a month ago and ever since then you've felt right at home like you've been with them all of your life. But there was one person you couldn't understand, he was attractive but rough around the edges. His voice didn't run like honey instead it was rough and tame, it never really raised to a yelling point unless it needed to be- which was rare. His hair was shaggy and hung in his face most of the time, and to be fairly honest he looked dirty but that didn't drive you away. You couldn't figure out his moods, you couldn't figure out who exactly he was other than you believed 100% that he was a loner.

"I got it." You headed out in front of Rick and stabbed the walker in the head before returning to his side "I'm glad we found you. I watch how you get in and help everyone and you try to take care of everyone." Rick patted your shoulder and you shrugged "You guys let me in, and I can never repay that debt. But I can make sure that I help out and earn my keep." Rick smiles.

"You've definitely earned your keep." You saw in the distance as Glenn and Daryl were returning from a run "Open the gates!" Rick commanded as his son Carl opened the gates for Glenn and Daryl to get in.

"Daryl got hurt, it's just his shoulder." You looked over at the loner on the motorcycle and nodded "Probably just dislocated." You look at Rick and he nods "Daryl, leave the supplies for Carl to take in. You head inside and let Y/n look at your shoulder. Hershel is busy with the crops with Maggie and Beth." Rick looks at his right hand man who nods.

You head inside the prison and wait at a table for Daryl "It ain't nothing." Daryl stood there and you shrugged "Okay, if it's nothing then." You put pressure on his shoulder and he yanked away in pain "It's dislocated, lay down." Daryl looked at you as if you were crazy "I've done this before, I'm just going to relocate it." He lays on the ground and you kneel down beside him.

"This will be easy." You take his wrist in your left hand and take his upper arm into your right hand before leading it up "Son of a bitch!" He snaps as you hear his shoulder pop back into place "I forgot to mention it's gonna hurt like hell." He looks at you "Ya think?" He stands up and you follow suit "It'll be a little tender but it'll work out." You walk off and leave the loner by himself.

"Hey!" You turn around and look at Daryl as he walks up to you "What's wrong?" You ask "Uh.. Thanks." He shrugs his shoulders and you nod "I was just doing what needs to be done." You respond "Aight." Daryl nods you turn around and start walking off when you hear footsteps following behind you.

Daryl walked by your side and you looked over at him "What?" You asked curiously "What're ya asking?" His voice was gruff and you shrug "You're suddenly talking to me, I've been here almost 2 months and you've never once really talked to me." You point out.

"So? Maybe I just like ya company." He was standoff-ish and you admired that for some reason "Why are you such a loner?" He looks at you as if he was taken back by your sudden question "I just don't do people very well." Daryl finally responds "I think the real answer is you don't want to get attached to anyone, because now when you get attached to someone you have a big chance of losing them." Daryl looked at you for a second as if he was trying to read you.

"I believe in that, the whole not getting attached to anyone." You finally admit "But, here that's hard. You have everyone here who watches your back and treats you like family. You have no choice but to feel a sort of attachment." You add "That's a way of lookin at it." Daryl agrees.

"You stayed here. Why? You say you don't get on with people very well." Daryl shrugs as you both sat on the ground on the side of the building watching the scene around you.

"Because, I don't know. I just stayed with 'em." Daryl shakes his head and you nod "You met Rick first didn't you? You guys became steady friends and you stayed by his side." Daryl looked at you and you shrugged "My first week here Rick taught me the ropes about being around here, he also told me how he met everyone. Including how he met you." Daryl nods slowly.

"Well, I gotta run. I gotta help Carl with the supplies y'all found today. Let your shoulder catch some rest, it'll help it." You got up and left the red neck loner alone "I'll see ya tanight." Daryl jogged passed you and headed inside.

You sat at the table with Carl, Maggie, Glenn and Beth eating dinner "You know Daryl has his eye on you right?" Glenn suddenly mentioned making Maggie nudge his arm "He doesn't trust me I guess, oh well." You shrug as you notice the red neck sitting at a table with Rick.

"That's not what he meant." Beth chimes in "What do you mean?" You ask "Beth, Glenn leave Daryl and Y/n alone." Maggie had grown a special liking for you, it was as if you were her sister too.

"Daryl has a thing for you." Glenn fed you the information smoothly even though his wife had told him not to "Okay, I don't believe that. That is false." You bit on your bottom lip and Maggie took her plate and yours to clean them "Good going, you two." Maggie comments before walking off.

You walk towards your cell and sit on your bed thinking over what Glenn had told you, your mind fought back and fourth before you finally caved in and shoved the thoughts out of your head trusting yourself to believe that Glenn was just being dramatic. 

"Can I come in?" You looked up at the loner and shrugged "Sure, the doors open." He walked in and leaned his good shoulder against the wall "How's the shoulder?" You ask "It's a'right." He nods making you nod, god it felt awkward and you hated that.

"Glenn said you got a thing for me, deny it or own up to it." Daryl stared at you as if your boldness had scared him "He said that?" He asks finally making you nod "Yeah he did." You stand up and look at him "I ain't about gossip, so deny it or own up to it. I personally don't believe it." You pause for a second.

"I don't believe it at all actually I think-" You got caught off as Daryl pressed his lips to yours catching you off guard "Why did you-"

"Because I do got a thing for you, you're bold, you don't sugar coat shit and you can handle your own. I may not have talked to you but I watched you and tried learn all I could about ya." Daryl admitted "So, the loner likes a girl." You tease making him nod as a smirk plays on his lips.

→↑←↓

" they say crack kills ,

nigga my crack sells ,

got so much dope that i broke the scale "

sorry that was some 21 savage right there 

hope y'all enjoy

xoxo druggbaby