Daryl Dixon → New Do

Word Count: 838

Warnings: fuck no ← i cussed

Prompt: "Can you not make fun of me." "I ain't making fun of ya princess."

→↑←↓

You stared in the mirror as you contemplated your next actions, it was just three weeks ago you watched your baby sister- who was 21- get eaten by walkers /. You could still feel the burning pain in your heart, you could still feel the emptiness in your chest.

You missed her laughter, you missed her smart ass remarks, you missed how she was so much more than just your sister- she was your best friend, your mom when you needed her to be, your shoulder to cry on, and she was the only one who knew you best. You missed how she always jumped in front of you before you could beat the hell out of anyone knowing you had a bad temper.

"You busy?" You look back at Maggie and nod "Can I have 5 minutes?" You ask she nods slowly "Of course, I'll be outside." She shuts the door and you hear her footsteps recede.

You looked back into the mirror and sigh.

"That was longer than five minutes." Maggie turned to face you as she gasped "Oh my goodness, I love it." She walked over excitedly looking at your new haircut.

"Thanks I thought it was time for a change." You had cut your hair into a pixie cut, you didn't want your longer hair anymore. You wanted and needed shorter hair.

"I was hoping you could help me out with our crops?" You nod "Of course I will." You walked side by side with Maggie as the others looked at you noticing the haircut.

"Hey I like the hair, it looks really nice." Glenn walks by you with a smile and you nod "See? It's not bad at all." Maggie encourages knowing you felt like you made a big mistake cutting your hair.

Later that night you sat outside looking at the stars "Hey." You heard the rough voice of the gruff red neck you adored.

"Hi." You look at him as he sits down next to you "What'd ya do ta ya hair?" You looked at the sky and shrugged "I cut it, obviously." You felt like he was hating it.

"Why?" You look at him "Because I wanted it gone." Daryl watched as you looked away from him "You didn't like ya long hair anymore?" He asks "No I didn't." You answer.

"You cut it pretty short." He looks at your hair before he takes his fingers and plays with a couple of ends of your hair "Yeah that was the point." You look at him and he drops his hand.

"Do ya like it?" You nod "Why?" He asks "Can you not make fun of me?" You look away from him quickly.

"I'm not making fun of ya princess." He scoots closer to you "I like it, it looks good on ya." You look at him and raise an eyebrow "Really?" You ask not believing him.

"Yeah, ya look good all the time and I really like this. It looks really good on ya." You got a small smile and he nods "Thanks Daryl." He nods again.

"No problem princess, why're ya out here?" You shrug "I like the dark sky with the warm air and the atmosphere." Daryl looks up at the sky before looking back at you.

"Why are you out here red neck?" He smirks as you pull out your nickname for him "I haven't seen ya all day." You got a small smile "Awe did the red neck Dixon miss me?" He chuckles.

"Yeah I did, sunshine." He watches as you show him a small smile and he couldn't help but fall in love with it.

You laid your head on his shoulder and sighed "Hey Dixon?" You question carefully "Yeah princess?" He looks down to glance at you "I love you." You just flatly admitted without even giving a damn.

"I love ya too sunshine." You look up at him and that's when his moment of boldness struck and he kissed you without a moment of second guessing  "Is this why you came out here?" You ask he shakes his head.

"I came out here cause I missed ya." You laid back on the ground and Daryl followed suit "I prefer it like this." Daryl looks over at you "So do I." You both laid there in silence as you slowly drifted off to sleep.

You awoke to Daryl placing you in your bed "Stay." You whisper quietly holding onto his hand gently "Go to sleep sunshine." Daryl laid next to you and froze as you cuddled up to him and wrapped his shirt in your hands "Night red neck Dixon." You tiredly yawned and dozed off to sleep as you felt Daryl kiss the top of your head.

"Night princess." Daryl wrapped his arms around you and held you close to him.

→↑←↓
hope y'all enjoy
might chop my hair off
xoxo druggbaby