Daryl Dixon → Hero

Word Count: 936

Warnings: hell nah

Prompt: Sometimes people need a little saving.

→↑←↓

You walked around the empty streets, the world had ended and you were all on your own except for your 13 year old cousin and your two dogs that your cousin carried.

"We can stay there." You looked down at the young boy and nodded "I'll leave you there with the dogs and go to get some food." You walked him over and picked the lock before letting him in.

"Don't leave me here." You sighed as you did a sweep of the building, it was small and narrow and free of the dead.

"I have to, bud. I'll be back I promise." You closed the door and he locked it as you headed off to find some food and any other supplies you could find.

You walked down the street to a mall like store and headed in "Hey baby." You turned around and saw a man you didn't know "Get lost." You replied shoving past him to gather some more supplies.

"Jay you just gonna let that little thing talk to you like that?" You felt the situation growing dire as your need to run grew.

"No, I ain't. Bobby watch for the rotters." The man known as Jay started stomping towards you as you slowly started backing up "Stay the hell away from me." Your voice grew shaky as you realized what was going to happen.

"Come on baby don't be like that just give me a little-" You jumped as a man now stood in front of you with his back turned as Jay now lay on the floor holding his face "You jackass!" Jay jumped up as his friend Bobby ran to his side.

They both started storming towards the man who had just came to your rescue "Looks like we have to teach you a lesson now." Jay swung on the guy hitting him.

Both men were attacking the one who had just helped you "Back the hell off!" You jumped on Bobby's back and started hitting his head and scratching his face.

The man who helped you got to his feet and started swinging on Jay "Get this bitch off!" Bobby slammed your back into a wall but you didn't release as you clawed his face harder.

"C'mon!" You released off of Bobby as the man who helped you led you out of the shopping center as he noticed walkers coming in.

"Thank you." He looked back at you and you gasped "Are you okay? Forget that, come with me." You dragged him to where your younger cousin Dalton was hiding out.

He opened the door and you rushed in dragging your hero behind you "Who's this?" Dalton asked "He helped me." You pointed to a desk "Sit down I can patch ya up before you leave." The man sat on the desk and looked at you.

"What?" You asked pulling out some medical supplies "My names Daryl." His voice was rough and something about it sounded like honey to your ears.

"I'm Y/n this is Dalton my cousin." He nods and you look at his face "Thanks again for what you did, but this might hurt." You took a disinfectant wipe and dabbed it on a cut on his cheek that he had obtained from the fight.

He sucked in a breath letting you know it did hurt, you brushed some of his hair out of his face as you dabbed another cut on his forehead.

"Y'all alone?" You look at him and nod "Yeah we made it out together." You grabbed a small packet of antibiotic ointment and opened it "Are you?" He looks at you and shakes his head 'no'.

You put bandages on his two cuts and step back "There you go, all done." He nods standing up and looks at you.

"Ya can come back with me. Ta my group." Dalton perked up looking away from the two dogs "Can we? Please?" Dalton asked making Daryl nod.

"We'll head out tomorrow." He offers you nod "Okay sounds like a plan." You agree.

Later that night you got Dalton to sleep, you walked over and sat next to Daryl "Why'd you help me?" He shrugs "I saw what they were doing." He looks over at you and you nod.

"Well thank you, it was kind of you." He nods and you sigh "You're so quiet. I like it." He looks at you curiously and you smile "I've met people out here who just don't shut up, you're not like that and I admire that." He gives you a small smile.

"Shouldn't ya go to sleep?" He asks "Shouldn't you?" He looks over at you and you smile.

"I'm not about to leave the man who saved me up by himself." You situate yourself so you're sitting next to him "So, why are you out here alone?" Daryl looks at you "Supply run." You sigh.

"I like you Daryl you're unique and quiet. And I can see you have a heart of gold." Daryl looks at you and nods "Whatever ya say princess." Daryl sat there talking to you for a bit longer until you knocked out fast asleep, your head fell onto his shoulder and looked over at you.

He had to admit he had helped you because he found you pretty and knew you needed help then and there "I like ya too sunshine." Daryl let your head rest on his shoulder as you slept as he gently took your jacket and covered you up.

→↑←↓
it's platonic
enjoy
xoxo druggbaby