Daryl Dixon -- Brave

Word Count: 877

Warnings: nahhhhhhhhhhh

Prompt: This is the 2nd part to Bold. Now Daryl realizes the girl he met can mean so much more to him than he ever thought.

%%%%%

Daryl walked with her in silence as he headed towards his camp. He knew Rick would take her in as he trusted Daryl's choice in people- he knew Daryl didn't trust easily and that was Daryl's biggest perk in this new world. Daryl would occasionally look over at her in admiration as she walked with her head held high and she always stayed ready to kill a walker that tried to attack. She looks up at him and he realizes there was a pretty good height difference and he thought that was cute- cute? There was something seriously wrong with Daryl right now and he knew it.

"Get on." Daryl slid onto his bike and looked at her "What? Your feet hurt?" She taunts and he just smirks "We can get there faster on my bike." She caved in and got onto the back of his bike as he revved the motor and took off down the road heading for the camp- the prison.

He felt her hold onto to his waist as he guided the bike down the empty, leaf covered roads and he couldn't help but feel a small feeling of content with her.. He had no idea what was coming over him. He had just met her, he had just learned her name but every fiber, every nerve and vein in him adored her already. 

He saw the outline shape of the prison coming to focus and he picked up his speed just a bit before reaching the gate. Carl was Rick's oldest child and he had opened the gate allowing Daryl and his new found friend in before closing it behind them.

"Who is this?" The smaller icy blue eyed boy in a sheriff's hat asks looking at the girl who had just gotten off of Daryl's bike with him "This is Y/n. Where's Rick?" Daryl was quick to jump to the point and Carl pointed up to the crops where his father stood with Hershel tending to the garden.

"My names Carl." He greets the newcomer who gives him a small smile as Daryl leads her up to Rick.

"Daryl, you're back. And with a friend?" Hershel was the first to notice him and Rick turned around looking straight into Y/n's eyes "My names Y/n. I met Daryl out there and he offered me a spot here. But if you don't want me here I'll leave." Daryl watched her stand there looking between the older man and the slightly younger one.

"Did you ask her-"

"567. And no human lives taken by these hands." She cut Rick off and he looked impressed before nodding slowly "You would have to help out around here." Rick offers gently and she shrugs "I'm not afraid of some hard work." Rick got a small smile and looked at Daryl "She's a keeper, welcome to the prison." Rick extends his hand and Y/n takes it gratefully "Thank you." She gave him a small smile.

"My name is Rick, this is Hershel he is our doctor." Rick introduces and she nods as she shakes Hershel's hand "We have no open cells at this time." Hershel informs Rick.

"There's always mine." Daryl offers "I don't sleep in there half the time anyway." He adds "You can stay in Daryl's until we get yours up and running which should be tomorrow. Is that okay?" Rick asks her and she nods her head.

It's been three months now since you've joined Daryl's group and everyday Daryl was finding himself deeper and deeper in with you. Your cell was right next to his and that was his doing- but you didn't know that. Daryl wouldn't be able to sleep some nights which lead him to watch you sleep. You always looked innocent and childlike when sleeping- Daryl sounded like a total creep.

"Hey red neck?" You jogged up to his side and he looks over at you with a smirk "Yea sunshine?" He asks over the three months you had brought a lot of life to Daryl's life. You had given him his spirit back and he couldn't believe that you could do that in a short span of time.

"What're you up to today?" Glen was walking your way and smirked as he got a bright idea.

"Don't do anything." Maggie whispered to him as she walked by his side "Why don't you two just kiss already?" Glen teases.

"Shut up China boy." Daryl shot back feeling the heat rush to his cheeks as he knew deep down inside that he wanted nothing more than to kiss you.

"Stop playing shy, Dixon." He stopped and looked at you and that's when you hit him- but not with your hands. He felt her press her soft and warm lips to his dry and chapped ones and he took no time in reacting as he wrapped his arms around her and held her there for a kiss.

"Get it Dixon!" Glen cheers cause Daryl to raise his middle finger as he didn't dare to break the kiss until you did "I like you too, Daryl." You started walking away and Daryl smirked as he had finally gotten his moment with you.

%%%%%

any requests