XXXI

DARYL

DARYL

"RICK" I HEARD SOMEONE SHOUT causing me to wake up.
"Rick you need to come down here" Maggie yelled.

Does this woman not know what time it was? Well neither did I for that matter. But it was still dark out so I knew by no means it's was time to start yelling.

"It's Izzy" she yelled.

I sat up bolt right as soon as I heard her name. Something bad had happened. I grabbed my boots quickly pulling them on not bothering to tie them up and rushed down the stairs into the cafeteria where I could here the voices coming from.

"What's happenin'" I frowned as I walked towards where the rest of the group were gathered. Everyone looked at me before looking round at each other.

"Just tell me!" I snapped.

"Izzy's... in the showers" Merle said looking worried.

"Right?" I said confused "so she's getting a shower?"
What's so bad about that?

"She's covered in bruises" Maggie added looking at me uncomfortably "She said he did it to her"

Anger boiled deep in my system. It churned within ready to explode and I knew it was too much for me to handle. I knew I had to calm down, for everyone else's sake, but I just couldn't. The thought of his hands on Belle made my blood boil.

"I'm gonna kill him" I spat setting off towards the exit of the the cell block.

"Daryl wait" Merle said grabbing me by the arm.

"Nah" I said snatching it out of his grasp.

"We all want him dead little brother" Merle said quietly trying to reason with me.

"We just can't storm into that cell block all guns blazing" Rick explained.

"He's got a point Daryl" Maggie added nodding.

"Maggie" I heard a voice so quiet it was nearly a whisper. All of us turned round seeing Isabellá stood in the door way to the shower block. She had an oversized t-shirt on covering her torso down to her mid thigh, which I knew was mine - I gave it to her sometime before that asshole showed up. Her legs covered in bruises, her bruising on her neck was twice as bad, she had a black eye and numerous bruises on her face.

I felt a lump form in the back of my throat, as I fought back the urge to cry. Seeing her like this. It physically hurt me. The anger was ever building inside of me, I couldn't control it much longer.