Chapter 19 - Angelica Schuyler

*Warning mentions school shootings and has a terrible musical reference so if your sensitive to that kinda stuff i mean it doesn't really do anything just mentions it once soooo don't read that sentence I guess. 

Eliza walks in back stage after her speech. I hug her. "You were amazing." She smiles sadly, probably thinking about Alexander. That's why were doing this, for him. She tells his story every day at rallies and protests. We raise money and raise awareness for shootings. And yet to her, it's never enough. (nEvEr eNoUgH! nEvEr nEvEr. nEvEr eNoUgH!! *random greatest showman lyric for no reason) She always thinks she needs to do more, no matter what I tell her. 

A lot of time has passed since Alexander's death, and yet she did so much more than she had to. Philip died as well in that time, because of a school shooting. I think that's the real reason she started this, not for Alexander, for Philip. He had a girlfriend, Theodosia who ended up dying in a plan crash. Eliza has experienced so much death, and yet she stays strong. I smile at her as she walks away, probably to go plan something else. She's never remarried. I had eight kids, all little angels, and we visit Peggy, Alex, and John's grave everyday with Eliza. I still feel guilty about Peggy's death. And Eliza still thinks it's her fault that John died. I start walking over to Eliza but feel my chest clench up. I'm only 58...this shouldn't happen yet. I collapse, and everything goes black. 

Flashes go by of Eliza crying...then a hand reaching out to me. "Don't go! It's not your time! You're the only one who didn't leave me!" Eliza screams. I touch the hand softly...I feel myself relax as I get pulled into a white abyss. People? People are everywhere...I know these people. A young girl about mid 20 runs up to me. "Angelica! You made it! You're so old!" She laughs. "P - Peggy?" I feel tears sting at the edge of my eyes. I hug her, beginning to cry. "Peggy I'm so, so sorry about what I did, I never visited you I always favored Eliza -" She cuts me off smiling. "Shh. It's fine, Angie." I stand up looking around. A man who looks to be about 20 as well...wait Alexander didn't die when he was twenty...I look at my hands, feel my face. "Am I 20?" I ask confused. Alexander laughs, walking over. "I guess everyone is young and beautiful in heaven." Maria sits in a corner covered in tape labeled: "The time out corner." I laugh a bit before walking to John. He smiles tiredly. "Hey Angie." I smile back at him. I could get used to this. Suddenly a boy hugs me from behind. "Aunt Angie!" He laughs. Philip. It's Philip...and behind him stands a nice looking girl...Theodosia. I smile at them, feeling myself cry. "Eliza..." I think looking up. "You'll be here soon..."